Suddenly the job is easy...

moanalot

Reaction score
After procuring 2 hilti wrenches being used with easy fix the job has become a piece of pi ss... This last week we have rattled up at least twice as much kit and been finished every day for no later than 2 o'clock and we had Wednesday off. You never know at this rate we might even make some proper money...:D take my advice BUY YOURSELF A F UCKING IMPACT WRENCH...

After procuring 2 hilti wrenches being used with easy fix the job has become a piece of pi ss... This last week we have rattled up at least twice as much kit and been finished every day for no later than 2 o'clock and we had Wednesday off. You never know at this rate we might even make some proper money...:D take my advice BUY YOURSELF A F UCKING IMPACT WRENCH...
I wouldnt advertise too much mate.
Soon you'll get a greedy firm owner under-cutting every one, expecting twice as much erected and all for the same wage at the end of the day, ie prices will drop dramatically and we will all be back to square 1.

Meanwhile enjoy the easier way while it lasts, as I was banned from using mine and for the most pitiful excuse as well. :(

ps. Given the chance I wouldnt go back to the spanner if I could help it.

what r these impact wrenches like, i can say i aint ever seen one n don't know of anyone that uses one any pics lads so i can see what they look like..

Aom is a massive fan of them , and as soon as i get my arse into gear i will be getting one myself

Aom is a massive fan of them , and as soon as i get my arse into gear i will be getting one myself
I've been at this 30 odd years now and these wrenches have given me renewed enthusiasm . I can honestly say its a pleasure to go to work...and I ain't said that bastar d for many many years...best 300 quid I've spent for a long time...

I keep meaning to moanalot , and then forget all about it until we have a big job to strike and i cant move for 2 days after

I keep meaning to moanalot , and then forget all about it until we have a big job to strike and i cant move for 2 days after
I was the same until hilti stuck one in me hands and said try this it will change you're life...it took me about 20 seconds or 50 readylok to convince me to buy one.F UCKING fast mate...

What's the best one to have??? Hire or buy it ???
We went for hilti and I hear they do a cheap hire deal about £14 a month I think,but some lads on here use the Makita as well. As far as I know the Makita works just as we'll but is a few quid more.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

You'll get no argument on that from me moanalot.
It makes a slow scaffolder fast and a fast one like greased lightning.
I am quoting a posting by another scaff a few months back.
They are fast John and it just makes the job a piece of pi ss...my lads been on for me about 2 years and he really is taking the pi ss with how much he's banging up...

if moanalot likes em!!! they must be good never say never lol!!!!

Welcome to the future moanalot, this could extend your stay in the trade for a few more years. There are a couple of points just to consider should some jumped up wee clip board cliff comes a knocking. Depending on which model you have the chances are they are too loud, I think most of them churn out about 90db so some sort of ear protection should be worn, as you have no doubt already found out they are worse when you are working on beams and the rattle can travel.

The vibtation is another thing that has to be considered, we used to set one guy in front of a squad with his gun unfastening everything and that was by far the quickest and best way to get full value for your gun but now having considered the trigger time using this method we now have to minimise an individuals time so one man one battery and now we have 2 men in front of the squad.

That been said and paper work completed, these things are the dog's.

What about feeling like a total t00ser cutting about like a joiner?:sick:

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Forgot to mention the torque thing that to be honest just doesn't exist 50nm is minute.

I hav'nt got one my self but I think these tools are the future. I remember years ago when chippys used the yanky screw driver, they moved on to battery powered tools, may be its time the scaffold industry moved on to. I think I will wait till they are a bit cheaper!

this the only tool you two play with
QrbAifITnb5NjN7viSFTy15oK02UmPeIwjiabjFjNBoMKuplx_2kebLM01kImX2GayNoeCPcoLZZk57MI32ONwBeElVxpnCjn95gUGDVb8fBmpR1guUzaaT3bwIupJP02p5fzEemSMCHSi9EesM9OfJDSeokIJEHFlOLYcfkCp-Y-LH2RMIQ9JUKLt-h8xTIfOu-

I hav'nt got one my self but I think these tools are the future. I remember years ago when chippys used the yanky screw driver, they moved on to battery powered tools, may be its time the scaffold industry moved on to. I think I will wait till they are a bit cheaper!

john the manc is up for grabs how much you wanting for it john lol

Paid nearly 400 sobs including the frog marra.
Its a beast in the less experienced hands, but has a warranty of 3 years.
But once used to it, its like a magnum in the world of the impact wrench.
Guess I will hang on to it in case I may have to strip a job that has been up for years and the fittings have seized up.

Top Bottom