Stupidist thing youve ever done scaffolding?

I TRIED TO PULL MYSELF UP ON A ROPE N WHEEL MY MATE SHOUTED NO I SAID YES YANKED THE ROPE THE REST IS A BLUR KNOCKD OUT WOKE UP TO FIND MY SQUAD LIEING NXT TO ME LAFFIN BETER OF USEIN THE STAIRS NXT TIME :p

starting in this game that was the stupidist thing i ve done lol

Having a funny fag, then climbing down the outside of a 60' scaffold, last one down buys the breakfast. Striking a tin lid, in icy weather, and listening to contract managers, "come on this firm, and you will rake it in."

leveling a handrail when I 1st started wondering why some bloke was watching me from the ground.........the sticky willy wudnt budge so i whacked it with my spanner!!!! opps finger in between spanner and sticky willy..............worst pain in the world spent all night with a bag of frozen peas on it and the only time the pain went away was when i was asleep!!!!!! never done that again!!!!!! :(

Fell 12m off a tower block in 1965 when i was 17, in hospital 15 weeks, came out of hospital and went straight back to the same tower block [fxxking mad or what] still in the game years later :confused::confused:

Years ago we were doing a hanging scaffold on a church tower ( tower up one side , mat out the top and hang 3 sides to get to gargoyles and gutter outlets ) , we came to the last side and we were running out of kit and it was getting late , we only had 4 x butts left so i put them on the 4 corner droppers , but , being young and invincible only put a double on the middle pair . No-one would get down with me so i slid down on the middle pair and put one leg on outside double and one on the inside double before letting go with both hands and catching a couple of doubles , fixing them , then taking the 2 x 13` ledgers and dropping them in .... no harness and 90ft above the graveyard .

Did not think much of it at the time , but , it was very stupid :eek:

Dropped a ladder on some bloke's home made planter and hacked his tree to pieces:embarrest:

heard from a labourer friend that he was left in limbo when pumping up long uns and the chain disappeared. one of the scaffs came up behind him, pulled down his trousers and give his kn*b a little rub. left hanging onto the long un with a stiffy [semi] opposite the office block full of women. full gang were pulled off the job within 15 minutes

im interested in working in other countries could any1 tell me how u go abart it thanx

welcome to the forum Kevin :bigsmile: I'd suggest you start your own thread in the scaffolding section to get a proper response to your question.

nice 1 philio most of the supervisors have tryed to **** me,nice touch that ******* his goodlady:eek:

Top Bottom