stroppy scaffolders

jackscaff

Reaction score
hi lads , lm currently running my own site at mo with 15 houses and a refurb , last week i was detailing blokes wrk for the day ahead , after the lads had all their jobs and on their way i noticed 1 scaff in particular had obviously not been listening after pulling him up and detailing him again i was amazed at how this grown man was acting and decided to have a chat, after a few mins i realised this bloke was not interested shrugging his shoulder stareing rite through me and kept walking off acting like a 16 yr old . i had enuf so called tea up . as every1 was on their way back from dinner there was some1 missing , then to my amazement 1 of the other blokes had told he had stormed off site . what a pillock . has any 1 else had experiences like this ?

had it on loads of jobs i run they either dont like the job you have given them to do
or they haven't got a clue how to do it so they jack without telling you

maybe wot u were asking him was out of his league bro thought feck it i,m out here obvisly he was a scaffoldor and not a scaffolder lol

Depends how you spoke to him.
Was anyone else around when you pulled him?
Maybe he didnt like the look of the job.
Maybe he didnt like the dosh offered.
Maybe he didnt like another certain lad that started on site at the same time.
Maybe he was just a total uninterested prick like you stated.
Who knows?
I wouldnt lose any sleep over that.

big sites normaly mean big responibility, and for anyone to act in an unprofessional mannar and simply fuuuck off in my book is a big no no
had a similar incedent this week with a know it all and sacked him for threatening behaviour
in the old days a chat &smack in the mouth normally sorted out the pecking order but these days there no room for voilence or premadonnas on site, we all gota work together,our jobs hard enough as it is without some pilock trying to make it harder,
dont take it personally mate this will happen to you many more times in your career

spoke to the bloke as nice as pie with no other scaffs around so **** knows lol

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

i wud of loved to of smacked the bloke in the mouth the way he was acting but like u say just cnt do that plus that wud of bin me down the road too

May not even be about you, we do have a life outside work you know.:idea:

Thats scaffolders for you , who knows why they do half the things they do

once seen 3 lads talk themselves into "jacking" in a cafe at 7 in the morning for no reason one said he didnt fancy it much as it was a bit wet and another said we cant just not turn up then they decided the could jack it , funny as fu ck to watch as they had no job to go to

Wouldnt worry about it Pal. I had an Accident with a chainsaw 15 year ago , ended up doing a 4 month stint in a factory up until that time I thought only women bitched on but spent 4 month in factory open mouthed at how men grouped together to bitch on about the others even at break the canteen was divided into about 6 groups bitching about each other , Ive been scaffolder all my life and over the past few years have seen the bitchiness I seen in that factory 15 years ago slowly but surely creep onto the construction site .

Things dont get sorted man to man now as most on here will probably agree , its all about sniping at each other and grassing etc etc Nothing on site or in life amazes me anymore your man has made himself look a prick , just forget about him now and concentrate on the others, but dont forget him altogether just in case he turns up on another job your involved with :wondering:

Dont worry about it mate, you know what he,s like now. So if he does turn up on another job you give him the ****

found out 2day he struggleing to get another start not much wrk on round here so he done him self out lol should of 4rt bit through and got a start first b4 he feckd off lol knob

Even if he hasn't it can still help a supervisor struggling with a squad.

Scaffolders Rule Book Part 1
I found this on another site the other day, i am not and will not take credit for it !
To be a real scaff you need the following…
1, Tattoos on the forearm or neck.
2, A complete and utter lack of financial understanding and planning
3, A mobile phone with a cracked screen.
4, At least a dozen Grandmothers (all of whom die on a sunday night/monday morning)
5, Has had a stint in prison.
6, The unique ability to talk a complex structure (up and down and on the wagon) from the comfort of a bar stool.
7, The CSA after him.
8, A brother/cousin who “is on Trad’s”
9, A suprisingly fit girlfriend.
10, At least one staffie.
11, Kids by at least 2 different partners
12,Had worked putting the roof on Canary wharfe
13,Has been done for drink driving at least once
14,Knows at least 1 person that worked with the Krays
15,Smokes or smoked weed

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

16,Drives a battered old car with no tax insurance or mot
17,Must be racist
18,Wears joggers with holes where burned with disc cutter
19,Must have illegible handwriting, like a Doctor.
20,The ability to swear at least 3 times in every sentance and make it sound ok.
21,An inherant hatred of traffic wardens,the police,Judges,Magistrates,Site managers and most of all Bricklayers + their ex wives and their ex wives partners,families, families pets etc etc etc
22, Have a stupid, childish ringtone on his mobile phone

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

23,Would walk miles to get to a cafe, but won’t walk 50 ft to get the gear because “I’m a f*ckin scaff not a Donkey mate”
24Will use any of the following items, Nail,bolt,old drill bit,bit of threaded rod,piece of wood or metal to knock in a hilti m16 insert EVEN IF THEY HAD THE DRIFT .
25,Would think nothing of carefully cutting out a patch of carefuly erected monoflex
so as to be able to watch women below.
26,Will spend thousands on the latest flatscreen tv but won’t buy a new spanner ,prefering to fix it with an old nail or the like.
27Will wear boots that Robinson Crusoe wouldn’t been seen in,unless on the cards and then DeWalt are the only boots acceptable.
28Will ask endless stupid questions during a toolbox talk in your time to drag it out,but won’t even breathe during a toolbox talk ,at lets say 4 ish !

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

i bet everyone has worked with someone with most of the above

Top Bottom