striking anothers companys scaffold!!!!

quick question for you to answer first.

when deciding which contractor to employ on this project did you base your decision on price an price alone and was it the cheapest quote an by how much difference.

if your not working for the company that erected it,

YOUR NOT INSURED TO STRIKE IT

if you were to have an accident whilst striking it,
you wont have a hope in hell of getting a claim out of it,
so just dont do it mate, it really is not worth it,
if its as bad as you say,
an accident sounds very likely,
leave it well alone mate.

IF you get permission,IN WRITING, from someone on that firm that is authorised to give permission to strike, you might have a case if you were to have an accident.
but doubt very much they will give permission

Mr Mighty Mouse is correct with what he said - as with anything in business, if there's nothing in writing then it didn't happen. If you are losing money as a result of the scaffolding staying up, I suggest you contact lawyers and claim from the scaffolding firm who erected it - if their own insurance is any good they should have a FINANCIAL LOSS EXTENSION as part of their policy which indemnifies others who have indirectly suffered financial loss as a result of their buffoonery.

Anglia Insurance AIS
if their own insurance is any good they should have a FINANCIAL LOSS EXTENSION as part of their policy which indemnifies others who have indirectly suffered financial loss as a result of their buffoonery.

Will have to check our insurance, ive never noticed anything like that in our policy before ( but cant say ive ever been that bored that i actually read it ) so it might be there lol

am i right in thinking insurance for your scaffolding kit, is only for the rich an famous or do you know any good deals about

Think you will be right superscaff, rich and famous only.

Anglia Insurance AIS
if their own insurance is any good they should have a FINANCIAL LOSS EXTENSION as part of their policy which indemnifies others who have indirectly suffered financial loss as a result of their buffoonery.

Will have to check our insurance, ive never noticed anything like that in our policy before ( but cant say ive ever been that bored that i actually read it ) so it might be there lol

am i right in thinking insurance for your scaffolding kit, is only for the rich an famous or do you know any good deals about

Hi Superscaff.. If your policy is with at least an "A" rated insurer then they should offer the option to include Financial Loss. If not, then your broker should have offered this before you bought it. It's an important extension to have and will protect you from un-expected losses. For example, if you were working on a private house and one of your trucks was parked in front of a neighbour's home (thus blocking them in) and they were unable to get to work that day they could sue you for a loss of earnings (especially if they own their own private business) - this is what we class as indirect financial loss. An even better example is the case in point we have here that the original poster raised - he can claim off the scaffold company who erected the now comdemned scaffolding and if they dont have a financial loss extension, they'll have to foot the bill themselves!

Please give us a call nearer when your policy is due for renewal and we would be delighted to offer you a quote to include this :)

With regard to cover for actual scaffolding tubes, these are not normally included within standard Public Liability policies - you would need a separate "Contactors All Risks" policy to cover them. We can provide cover for your tubes at a premium of £565 for a year - the only thing we are unable to cover are scaffolding tubes which are not fixed in place. If you or anyone would like to discuss further, please call or email us :)

Last edited:
anyone wanna price for striking this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZt5t6Hj-Ik&feature=player_embedded]‪Salford Quays Fire Aug2011 #2‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I think Celticbhoy knows someone.:noworry:

When I worked for interserve in Newcastle there was a company that I won't name hired all the gear from the hire and sales side then would not pay the bill so I was asked to go around the sites seeing what was there and to arrange to dismantle with our lads and bring back to the yard. But the night before the lads where to hit the sites we got told we had on legal standing to dismantle anything even though the company went bust and were starting up under a new name on the same site and claiming the gear was there's. Interserve lost the gear and the money own for the hire. There is a lesson to be learnt from this one

Top Bottom