striking anothers companys scaffold!!!!

eggey17

Reaction score
Ive got a scaffold up on a block im working on! its been condemded by a CDM guy i need it down ASAP.its that bad it needs to much work doing on it to put it right. Where do i stand if i get a diffrent company in to strike it becaues the company that put it up are unable to do it for 2 weeks!!

Ill do it on a weekend for the right price :)

My advise would be to get a scaffolder to strip it, preferably cash in hand. Hows that?

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Do you pay digs? Lol

Have you told asked the firm about getting anouther firm to strip it?,are they not concerned about having one of their jobs condemded?, Do you have hand over cert?
Think there has been an earlier thread on this subject before,

I thought if it had been condemed then anyone could strip it?

Not a lot of info to be exact, but if it were me I would never strike another firms gear especially one that had been condemned. Just my opinion mind but not sure how insurers would treat any claim arising from that sort of activity. Wait for the nuggets that built it.

First you need to inform the scaffold company who erected this job an let them know that it has been condemed. Also tell them due to the poor state of the structure that you are losing time on the contract an so have no option other than to start legal proceedings to claim lose of earnings / penaltys you may inccur from your client back from them. As far as dismantling the structure yourselves i would make sure that you use a company registerd with the N.A.S.C as most would first carry out a inspection and draft a risk and method statement up prior to dismantling any part of the scaffold.

Not a lot of info to be exact, but if it were me I would never strike another firms gear especially one that had been condemned. Just my opinion mind but not sure how insurers would treat any claim arising from that sort of activity. Wait for the nuggets that built it.

if you strip and some thing do go pear sharp your insurance will not pay out, if the job is that bad than thay should be there straight away not two weeks mate

if your not working for the company that erected it,

YOUR NOT INSURED TO STRIKE IT

if you were to have an accident whilst striking it,
you wont have a hope in hell of getting a claim out of it,
so just dont do it mate, it really is not worth it,
if its as bad as you say,
an accident sounds very likely,
leave it well alone mate.

IF you get permission,IN WRITING, from someone on that firm that is authorised to give permission to strike, you might have a case if you were to have an accident.
but doubt very much they will give permission

IF you get permission,IN WRITING, from someone on that firm that is authorised to give permission to strike.

In a nut shell, this is what your after.
Otherwise your the one whos gonna take the blame, should it go tits up. :sad:

same as Al,contact them tell them how much you would charge to put it right,so it can be stripped safely,lay it on thick,knock the job down on condition you can have the gear,and all costs incurred to do it safely

Depending on who condemned the scaffold, (this goes against the grain by the way) why not threaten them that you will get the HSE involved if they don't get their @rse into gear and get it stripped

tell the local Pikeys that it needs to be removed...It'll be gone quicker than you can say 'lucky heather anyone'

Top Bottom