street works

fat boy

Reaction score
Any one know what the office bod that comes out too spec for scaffolding
on the pavement in a high street will want put up?? its 6m high and 3m wide 3 working lifts only want it up for 3 days max
your help will be such a wight lifted off me
i need to right a quote to paint a shop front and need to spec for every thing

What you after FB, a RAMS or things like lights and padding? It doesn't matter if it's up for 3 days or 3 years it needs building the same and with the same additions on it. If you are only quoting, you can let the contractor make the site safe and conform to the permit, lets you worry about the scaffold.

Usually some one who deals with skips and scaffold licences from local town hall

Not much chance of getting one of these guys out their office Gary.

Usually about a 2 week wait

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Aom did you play today

I did, a bit windy and I was thinking about having another go tomorrow, what about you?

This is my home club, not sure if I showed you this one, it's quite a bit smaller than the others but it's more my style.

Dunaverty Golf Club, Southend, Scotland

yer is a cancel guy has to come out and spec the job ie lights foam raped tube mesh ect

just trying to get an idea of what to expect when the pen pusher comes out too see me and scaffolder
iv called 4 firms today and a mate that has his own firm quotes started from £700 i hads to change my boxers and site down.
i was told a scaffold permit is £200 pluss the scaffolding!!!

then got told its £30 per week the scaffolding is up.some one trying to pall my pants down i thinks
any how my mate has put a price in of £450 all in with permit.. happy days me thinks
just trying to put it all in my quote..
my quotes are very detailed from make of paint number of coats filler ect i need to cover all my bases here its a nice job that will give me a good chance of putting my sign boards out and getting some work i hope

Played to day not good though my tennis elbow is nasty at the min had a nice walk though good company .yes I had a look at your course it looks great

omg sounds like u think ur gonna get bum raped only to roll over and get a spanking lolo
i know cost is a major factor but without cutting major corners i cant see how it can be done that cheap...carefull you dont leave yourself open to prosecution if it all goes tiiits up

Fat boy you may get some of the 200 back it may be a deposit in case the pavement gets damaged

I suppose it depends where you are but round here it's £60 for a month and every month thereafter for a permit. You will need to separate the public from your work with signs and barriers but we find it easier to do it on a Sunday morning. You will need to pad all exposed steel with high visibility padding although some may expect to see black and yellow tape on your standards, if they do ask them why they don't do it on street lights and bus stops. Plan brace your bottom lift, tie in your second hopefully, try not to give the public access when the painting is going on or any other works like cleaning as it's a disaster waiting to happen. Don't for the love of god, let any paint drop on a motor, you won't hear the end of it, get it sheeted with debris netting and fit aberdeens on the braced frame. Allow for repairs to the tie holes, and supply baulk timber to form a curb edge if you are closer than 450mm from the existing one. There will be more but check the permit for their own pre requisites and you should be good to go.

On the other hand, you could get a contractor to get the permit, build the job then move on to the next one. £750 not sounding so bad now.;)

You better check every thing with your mate it sounds very cheap especially with permit

Played to day not good though my tennis elbow is nasty at the min had a nice walk though good company .yes I had a look at your course it looks great

I get that myself at times, are you playing too much? That's all it is really for me too, that and a couple of drinks after and I am quite happy.

i dont know how all this permit stuff works i think he is ment to come out and tell us what he wants put up then he comes back to see it up and sign it off or tell the scaffolding firm to sort it out before i can work on it.
if the permit is only £30 then that leaves the scaffolder £420 hire it out put it up and take it down when im done

Oh right, I thought you were the scaffolder.:embarrest:

If you are the painter, then get the council guy to email you their permit to give you an idea of what you will need.

Sufferd with tennis elbow for years it's the scaffolding not the golf that's what I tell the wife any way

fit aberdeens on the braced frame ???

Don't worry about it, the scaff will do it.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Sufferd with tennis elbow for years it's the scaffolding not the golf that's what I tell the wife any way

No you are dead right, another reason they should be pushing for IW's.

dont wanna put a proverbail spanner in the works but on your original post you stated 3 working lifts ....i may be wrong and am sure aom will confirm for you but as a street job and over 2 working lifts ...its jst outside of the scope of tg20 -if so and ur council guy is anal he may require dwgs and calcs as well as a full set of rams...so think ur getting it well cheep m8

Top Bottom