street scaff site scaff

i never posred it mate.i wasnt on it either but the job was erected by gary lynsey at marine .it was posted by tony mullen the pics are still on his profile. same guy that erected the durham bridge on the other recent thread and after working with hundreds of scaffs hes still the best i ever met.

Picture is still there mate.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

the blue writing bit at the top.

Horses for courses, there are good and bad street and site scaffs wherever you go. You are only as good as what you have learned and digested over the years, the good scaffs have picked everybodies brains and taken it in and the bad ones are only in it for the beer money and dont even remember the last good job they erected

On my 11th can, anyway, what was i going to say.....Forgot, need to retrawl.....Aye thats what i was going to say.

About 10 if not more years ago, a couple of good lads from up here who had worked offshore, set up their own company. I had the pleasure to do some work for them. Picked up at the door, took for Breakfast (they paid) read 3 papers each (they paid) go to the job, do a bit.

Lunch over a hour, (they paid), do a bit,too the pub 5 pints, we paid our turn (Tight Cents). lol.:D

Everyone of their jobs were Sh1t hot to the std of offshore work at the time.

Horses for courses springs to mind, prior TG20:08 etc, the street scaffs had some great experienced scaffs, thinking above and outside the box of designs by calculation. One example of this is in the Gallery posted by Allan666 of a picture of a Church steeple being erected with Beams as Spurs, brilliant job. Post it up here Allan, i think a guy called Gary, devised it.

I kind of started in a very similar vain Paddy but as the work force grew it just became untenable. I also brought off shore techniques to my jobs but they also fell by the way side after a few years as we realised we had to compete. I would be interested to know if these guy's are still in business and if they still work the same way?

I've worked in Stations, site work and streets. Only work not done is offshore.
I think a mix makes you a better allrounder

The Company did fold, however, one of the guys has returned and started another successful buisness, i keep in contact with him, and supply him with HSE info etc, i dont know if he is a member on here, i told him about it, His Guys still come First though.

Lot's of reasons for folding Paddy. My wee mate used to come round my house around 9 and my mrs would either make the both of us breakfast before we would wonder out and throw up a chimney or tower somewhere then toddle home around 3. Now the average working day starts at 7 and finishes when ever the job is done. I have often wished I stayed just the 2 of us but customers demanded more and more and I just went with it until you realise you have a monster to feed and have to work harder and harder to stay still.

Top Bottom