street scaff site scaff

marra watson

Reaction score
ort lads which would you consider the best a street scaff or a site scaff i suppose both have there advantages and disadvantages but which make you the better scaff, or the scaff that does both but to which order street then site or site to street ?

not many good scaffs left doing street work because of all the joke p!sstaking small firms undercutting eachother and ripping there lads off . thats how it is round here anyway .most street work lads dont have tickets and the ones that do work with 2 labourers

I worked both for years and now offshore, always looked up to scaffs offshore as being top of there job. BUT as ive seen you can still get total tits out here too. As far as i think, if you can do your job you can do your job. Just more brews on street work! ha ha ha ha. Dont rate any but street work is usually the roughest!

I worked both for years and now offshore, always looked up to scaffs offshore as being top of there job. BUT as ive seen you can still get total tits out here too. As far as i think, if you can do your job you can do your job. Just more brews on street work! ha ha ha ha. Dont rate any but street work is usually the roughest!

yeap looks that way weaverbix think the lads that do the pull up in the morning with the lorrie earn there money thats without loading it in the morning and getting back to yard to unload it at night. or reload it for another job think the sight and industrial scaffolders and offshore scaffolders have it a lot easier the gears there or dropped off. come home early somedays and see some poor scaffolders just pulling up to do a house front with a lorrie defenatly think the industrial scaffolder has it easier!!! dont think these days i could do a pump up the jam with a load off steel hats off to you lads!!!

weaverbix iv always thought the complete opposite of you . iv always found all the lazy useless fookers go offshore .dont get me wrong i have met some really good scaffs offshore but i find most of them are just after the easy life. lads offshore THINK they are at the top but at the end of the day good offshore jobs are luck and cock sooking ,nothing to do with being good at your job. i think its more of a job for when you cant do the job any more and your body says no,which mine already does

worked with a couple of offshore lads last year not going to mention job as they might be on line lol!!! job wernte off shore but was on shore at some industrial site great lads couldnt fault them they knew there game but!!! jesus do a bit stop do a bit coffee do a bit stop coffee lmfao!!!

If you can scaffold.. you can scaffold, does'nt matter wher your putting a job up...

I would agree with most of that Alan but if I'm honest I would say it's the environment that makes you lazy out there. I enjoyed my time out there but only when I was grafting it was a long day polishing hand rails. I'm not sure how many years service you need behind you but at some point you certainly get to a stage when working anywhere else is just not an option.

i agree cala but going throw london some days and you see a big load of 21s stood up ready to go up!!! its defenatly a young mans game yeap its all tube and fittings but pump up the jams definatly a young mans game i dont mind a good days graft but the get it up theres a young mans job!!!

Me personally i prefer street work. I feel it makes me a better scaffolder in terms of speed and harder graft. With sites it can become a plod and can become lazy(not all sites), but can be more technical so have to use your brain more. Thats my opinion.

Never a truer word spoken Dico but with age comes experience and when the long is getting pumped the experienced are having a fag.:cool:

intrestign there lads clarey ya right i think street work is the hardest by far working daft our in all types of weather,daylight hours . we get a lot of lads threw the gates that have worked onsite and last aday not even that sometimes i shlt you not theres been lads threw the gates been told to load up after 20 mins said **** this am off. and yeah offshore seem to bemore forgiving to the body you dont see many street scaff still monkeying about after 50 but each ot there own

Last edited:
haha!!! think iam gana start smoking again aom you wouldnt believe how much people smoke on a job you only realise when youve given up 5 minutes a fag over a year mounts up lol!!! think i will get some off those steam fags there advertising then the non smokers can ave a break too lol!!! iam only envy i would love a benson hedges some days!!

when i think about it street work is by far the easiest , 90% of its straight forward independent. so the best scaffs dont do street work . the fittest ones might .
so the best physically are the best street scaffs and the ones that are fat and unfit but know what there doing are the best every where else.hows that after 12 cans ha

when i think about it street work is by far the easiest , 90% of its straight forward independent. so the best scaffs dont do street work . the fittest ones might .
so the best physically are the best street scaffs and the ones that are fat and unfit but know what there doing are the best every where else.hows that after 12 cans ha

cant fault you allan 12 cans iam being posh tonight ive got peanuts and olives with my cans ante reached 12 yet only 6:laugh:

On my 11th can, anyway, what was i going to say.....Forgot, need to retrawl.....Aye thats what i was going to say.

About 10 if not more years ago, a couple of good lads from up here who had worked offshore, set up their own company. I had the pleasure to do some work for them. Picked up at the door, took for Breakfast (they paid) read 3 papers each (they paid) go to the job, do a bit.

Lunch over a hour, (they paid), do a bit,too the pub 5 pints, we paid our turn (Tight Cents). lol.:D

Everyone of their jobs were Sh1t hot to the std of offshore work at the time.

Horses for courses springs to mind, prior TG20:08 etc, the street scaffs had some great experienced scaffs, thinking above and outside the box of designs by calculation. One example of this is in the Gallery posted by Allan666 of a picture of a Church steeple being erected with Beams as Spurs, brilliant job. Post it up here Allan, i think a guy called Gary, devised it.

Top Bottom