Street Permits

your moving the goal posts now,i dont think i have any thanks?when im off line my mrs will be posting so if things get bit odd then youl know it is she and not me..............remember this festive time take a couple of minutes out to whisper those three little words to her...............IM AWAY OOT.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

the council certinly isnt private profit driven????and it is them in question of whom we speak my friend.
Celticbhoy, Just gave a thanks to help ya catch up, lol.

I seem to remember seeing a video online about NASC bring out a standardised form for Street Permits which they have pitched to all councils to incorporate so as to standardise it across the country. Maybe this is what was meant?

theres another thread regarding that on here somewhere , the form can also be downloaded from NASC website

My local council is insisting on CHAS membership for all contractors after jan 1st. Not insisting NASC tho. I have been thinking that I would like to start aiming for nasc membership but I am a 1gang firm at mo and I'm happy like that. The main reason is because even though I hold all insurances and I'm 100% legal I feel the size of my my firm makes me look cowboyish without some sort of trade recognision. I have been Reading about sccr and have membership form but don't know cost.

thanks brandy gentleman,in fact your all gentlemen its good to have a discussion with guys who have been there and not just listened to the tales,love it.ps a colud do with some thanks as supers got me whacked on this one.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

i think the nasc could be far more inclusive than it presently is,even bringing in a tiered membership then far more companys could then come under the auspices of the nasc,while trying to achive full status.as it is just now it seems like a private club i dont think it would be a good idea to give them control of issueing any sort of permit in their current form.

It was mooted but was thought prudent to re-word it. Before I am savaged, bare in mind that this comes after a few accidents and councils realised they were getting dragged into compensation claims. I know there are plenty good firms out there without membership but I think this was one way for the councils to prove they had taken reasonable steps to prove only competent firms were erecting over busy city centres.

theres another thread regarding that on here somewhere , the form can also be downloaded from NASC website
Here's a link to a thread from earlier this year disguising the http://www.scaffoldersforum.com/sca...ement-licence.html?highlight=pavement+licence as proposed by NASC

The first post has a link to the initial draft . Here is a link taken from the NASC website, to the version updated on the 8th November 2010
http://v35.up1.universalpixel.com/a...FFOLD PAVEMENT LICENCE CRITERIA 01072010.doc .

Note as AOM says the change in wording regarding NASC membership from being compulsory in the first draft to proof of competence in the latest version .

In theory a representative of a NASC company with no scaffolding qualifications could be granted a licence on behalf of the company , and local authority could refuse a licence to small company director with an Advanced ticket and all the relevant PL insurance cover simply because they were not NASC members .

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS_fxdtf2u0]YouTube - Scaffold Pavement Licence Criteria[/ame]

Last edited:
My local council is insisting on CHAS membership for all contractors after jan 1st. Not insisting NASC tho. I have been thinking that I would like to start aiming for nasc membership but I am a 1gang firm at mo and I'm happy like that. The main reason is because even though I hold all insurances and I'm 100% legal I feel the size of my my firm makes me look cowboyish without some sort of trade recognision. I have been Reading about sccr and have membership form but don't know cost.

thanks brandy gentleman,in fact your all gentlemen its good to have a discussion with guys who have been there and not just listened to the tales,love it.ps a colud do with some thanks as supers got me whacked on this one.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

i think the nasc could be far more inclusive than it presently is,even bringing in a tiered membership then far more companys could then come under the auspices of the nasc,while trying to achive full status.as it is just now it seems like a private club i dont think it would be a good idea to give them control of issueing any sort of permit in their current form.

Urban Monkey, I was a one man gang when I joined, it was around 6 years ago or more and it might have been a tad simpler then but I still had to make the changes required to keep my membership. We now still only have 3 gangs max and due to our location will never get any bigger and I'm happy with that but despite what people feel, the nasc are not really interested in what size of company you are only how you go about doing things. I had the same feelings about how others perceive the smaller firms and it was definitely a factor in seeking membership and I can confirm that it does sometimes get you a chance of pricing a job you might not have been asked to price, the rest is up to the individual. At the end of the day they are our industry leaders and I felt I wanted to be part of that. I feel the SCCR is a different animal, and I became involved with that to ensure the boys who work with me are on a fair deal and have a say on their industry and future. So in short I would say why not enquire about joining both.

Celticbhoy, I'm just away to thank a few of your posts to aid your battle with superscaff75.:laugh:

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

One other point regarding the Chas thing, I spoke with a couple of boys from Kent who ran quite a big operation and they spent a right few quid getting this accreditation only then to discover councils rarely if ever split the contract to deal with scaffolding separately, which meant the mc could be chas and be quite within his rights to appoint a non chas scaffolding firm. This was over a year ago so might have changed but definitely worth checking before applying.

aom thats the spirit mate,am hoping super has to start doing 14hour days up to turkey day.

theres a thanx for you celtibhoy , im ruffer than the bottoms of tarzans feet this morning lol landlord took full advantage of my drunken state last night offering me a cheeseburger , i thought strange he even put tomato sauce on it for me ( i always have to go in kitchen to get sauce no matter what ) big bite yum yum another big drunken bite nearly chewing a finger off , then BANG BURN BURN and Burn some more it wasnt fcukin tomato sauce it was summit called XXX xtra hot chilli :laugh: my lips ,tonge and throat were on fcukin fire i swear my beer sizzled when i had a drink , my idea of hot spicy food is very mild curry lol so i had to finish it i got street cred to think about lol my face was burning up , tears in my eyes , sweat coming off the brow it took 10 mins 2 pints to finish , a lad in pub loves hot stuff he had a tiny tsate out of the jar, and reckons that its too hot for him by long chalk told me to lick salt which actually works but makes you thirsty too :laugh: so red hot burger an 5 pints after midnight on a fcukin monday night W@nkers :laugh:

i got 3rd degree burns of the ring this morning too :laugh:

P.S i got a bit to say on this actual nasc and permit stuff too but later lol

hahahaha there is a god,i hope the damage isnt long lasting and that your back on form soon super.thanks for the thanks and the story was very amusing mate always find andrex is very useful in these situations.

yes your right super,thanks for the thanks again as i said pop off to bed dont worry bout the forum or street permits till your bang back ready to smash lumps up again mate.hopefuly when your back ill be past steve.

Probably a bit late now but for future reference I find that wet wipes or baby wipes are the best when you got a 'Johnny Cash'.

Top Bottom