Stork trade test

Mrbhoywonder

Reaction score
Need a little advice, I have a trade test for the first time in 15 years, I am a little nervous about it, what sort of questions are they likely to ask, are they all scaffold based questions?:eek:

whats a stork test then? surley if you have the appropiate scaffold tickets this should be fine!!! iam sure iam not the only 1 thats blonde on this stork test surley?

Just how much can somebody know about Cakes dico?
006311.jpg

Don't know, that's why I am asking, just don't want to get caught off guard, just looking for examples.

Who is asking the questions,is it to do with your portfolio?

Think it will be HR. think it will just be general scaffold questions, just wondered if anyone had done it yet

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Yes

Cape do the same, its questions like what is the max gap in an handrail, what is the loading of a GP scaffold, what is the safe working load of a right angle coupler, things like that.

PM me if you need any help.

These are OPITO approved questions. 20 random selected of scaffold questions taken from a bank of 46 plus 10 safety questions.
Up to now there has not been a fixed pass mark, but this is changing from July 1st 2013.
Anyone with proper scaffold knowledge should be ok.
Any new Stork start Scaffolders who has not been offshore previously & is applying for offshore work will neeed to both pass the initial skills screening test & satisfy the TA they are suitable.

if they ask you the loading for a GP scaffold............ask him if he would like the answer in kN or kg :) good luck you will **** it just nerve racking before you start ;)

Teeside do you have a direct number as i keep getting answer machine ,thanks

Cape do the same, its questions like what is the max gap in an handrail, what is the loading of a GP scaffold, what is the safe working load of a right angle coupler, things like that.

PM me if you need any help.

If you don't know the basics like these you shouldn't be scaffolding anywhere let alone trying to get into the lucrative offshore world.;)

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

And are we talking Class A or B right angled couplers?

Now then

Need a little advice, I have a trade test for the first time in 15 years, I am a little nervous about it, what sort of questions are they likely to ask, are they all scaffold based questions?:eek:

Now mate I have to do this test do u have any questions they ask u pal

Mark, Send me a PM & I will explain why I can't send you the questions

Top Bottom