starting up on my own

I'm based in Norfolk Gary:)

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Spot on. I work for DSL at mo and the younguns we have here are lazy pricks. Never gonna be scaffs. Expect money for **** all graft!!

Seems at times u gotta grovel to get them to work in my day it was if u didn't like it f@ck off. I'm sure it's the downfall of many a company getting reliable staff that want to work. I used to think people were out of work because of the recession but after starting up 3 & half years now its apparent they're just lazy tw@ts.

Good info from woodsie and bf. Seems a lot for a start up,Tho insurance, wagon, a bit of kit,soon adds up. As woodsie say's, could be 3 years to build client base and reputation. Couldnt you start with pj's, evning and weekend till your ready.

they leave you in the **** and you lose good punters,he ii dead right,when you rely on one person and they go on the piss you are knackerd

I started up in may this year,bought a lorry and a whack of gear,got all the insurances,I've got an 18 year old lad who works his ass off for 6 quid an hour,
I've been busy,it seems to come in massive blasts,one minute you have got no work for 2 days then your doing 26 days straight with no days off ,then come home,do some paper work then go out pricing.
In my first 6 months I've earned more than I've ever been paid a year working for someone else,but I have no money in the bank,it goes out on more gear,which you are constantly buying,the yard rent,my loans to get started,wages,deisel,the list is endless,
My old boss told me that I won't see any money for 4 to 5 years,he said it will all go on buying gear,
I'm not bothered at the minute,I fookin love it.

Nice 1 big john....keep it going!!!! Look after ur lad..few and far between!

I agree with everything John says , except for the 4/5 years wait to make money , i been waiting almost 20 FU CKING years to see some money :(

Good way to get into a lot of debt starting up on ur own lol
But couldn't go work for anybody else now thought.

Good way to get into a lot of debt starting up on ur own lol
But couldn't go work for anybody else now thought.

what were your reason for starting up the cash or the come and go as you pleased? got to spend money to make money

what were your reason for starting up the cash or the come and go as you pleased? got to spend money to make money

Both. Loans are often needed to start a business thought kidda. That'll be the spend money to make money bit.

I have been at my wee operation for 12 years now, not long in the grand scheme of things but don't think I would do it again if something were to go wrong.

I started doing homers whilst working on the rigs although I knew there was an opening, having the guts to do something about it when you have a mortgage to pay was just something I didn't want to risk. It didn't take long before I was working all hours just so I could get finished to get back to a cushy rig job.

If you are married, you will certainly need er indoors to be onside, the female of the species can get quite narky when her man is out earning all hours but yet there is no return to show for it at home. That was a bone of contention at Aom towers for a couple of years but eventually the rewards did come.

All in all, not feking worth it and wish I drove a truck for a living or something.

I have been at my wee operation for 12 years now, not long in the grand scheme of things but don't think I would do it again if something were to go wrong.

I started doing homers whilst working on the rigs although I knew there was an opening, having the guts to do something about it when you have a mortgage to pay was just something I didn't want to risk. It didn't take long before I was working all hours just so I could get finished to get back to a cushy rig job.

If you are married, you will certainly need er indoors to be onside, the female of the species can get quite narky when her man is out earning all hours but yet there is no return to show for it at home. That was a bone of contention at Aom towers for a couple of years but eventually the rewards did come.

All in all, not feking worth it and wish I drove a truck for a living or something.

I agree aom,we really must be in the worst buisness going,hassle,hassle,grief,and more grief,small rewards for a never ending fecking headache,lol,i've been going thirteen years and it does'nt get any better,just to go home and kick off the boots and relax would be heaven lol,i'd sell tomorrow if i could,but i think everyones in the same boat,imagine having half a dozen paid for flats to rent out,hassle free income,thats the way to go me thinks,having said that,i would'nt have settled easy if i had'nt had a go,so to anyone going for it,enjoy,but it aint all it's cracked up to be believe me:unsure:

Exactly BF, if it's in your head nothing will distract you from that course and the itch has been dealt with, at least that's the way it was with me and if it wasn't you have no right even thinking about starting.

I have a flat I rent out, more feking hassle than the steel.:eek:

Top Bottom