starting up on my own

Find some customers...buy your gear and try not 2hire..try not 2tread on anyones toes...good luck!!

And make sure you can turn the gear around quickly, this time of year isn't good for other trades.

yeh get on a plumbing course, learn all u can ...and work in the dry all the time

If you've got a missus might as well get rid now cos you wont have time for her...

If you have a social life kiss that goodbye.

Like holidays? Forget about them.

Like having a few quid to play with on a weekend?

Forget that too for a long time... ;)

If you've got a missus might as well get rid now cos you wont have time for her...

Yeh that seems to be the general thought!!:(

only you know whats right for you though mate. We all deal with things and approach challenges differently..

Only time I get for holidays now is at Christmas coz everyone's off but costs twice as much to go anywhere. Specialy st. Lucia lol

starting up

all the above are right say good by to hols ,on the go 24/7,have you got a yard lorry opperators licence ,lorry insurance,scaffold insurance,tube fittings boards and money to pay for this and you need money to survive while waiting to get paid
my surgestion is try it out weekends it isnt easy good luck with it.

all the above are right say good by to hols ,on the go 24/7,have you got a yard lorry opperators licence ,lorry insurance,scaffold insurance,tube fittings boards and money to pay for this and you need money to survive while waiting to get paid
my surgestion is try it out weekends it isnt easy good luck with it.

Do you work for yourself Gaz??
My main headfuck is how much i'd need to get going??
I'm not lookin to be MASSIVE!! JUst a dodgy one man band!!;);)

Amount required,i'd say about £50k of kit per 3man gang employed and you wont be far off,a lot of negative remarks on this thread,unfortunately all true,but hey,from small acorns grow mighty oaks,good luck fella;)

Prepare to invest about £40k for you and a chimp to work everyday, n make no profit or if lucky about £5000 in ur first year plus much not more in ur second year. If then ur still going 3rd year should start to pay off. Just my experience in my little 3.5 ldv n 2.7 ton trailer.
It's not prity but making a living.

make sure your staff are loyal as well and if you treat them right they will look after you.

make sure your staff are loyal as well and if you treat them right they will look after you.

Oh and prepare to go through loads of lads that couldn't give a toss until u find a motivated lad that actually wants to be at work. That could take months or even years. Lot of youngsters are scared of hard graft so at times until u get a goodn u got to graft twice as hard.

most important thing is insurance .where you from

I'm based in Norfolk Gary:)

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Oh and prepare to go through loads of lads that couldn't give a toss until u find a motivated lad that actually wants to be at work. That could take months or even years. Lot of youngsters are scared of hard graft so at times until u get a goodn u got to graft twice as hard.

Spot on. I work for DSL at mo and the younguns we have here are lazy pricks. Never gonna be scaffs. Expect money for **** all graft!!

Top Bottom