starting new bussiness.

Good luck with the new venture mate, I like ambition, the 10k will buy you nowt though pal, once a few jobs stay up for a while, your gear will soon run out, I would say 20k min for tube... 5k for a wagon, have a word with a haulage company, they may have some yard room to rent you, cheaper nthan getting your own lease etc to start with...

You need minimum part two to do street work off council. Dont invest to much in advertising as i find 90% of work comes buy word of mouth and the banners off the jobs although yell.com can get you some nice contracts.

There is a firm local to me the lad has a rack in his back garden. And uses a 3.5ton pick up, all his tube is alloy although expensive allows him to carry more gear his running costs are very low. He is happy with the size of his firm, and is earning nicely. Judging by the BMW on his drive lol. He has had trouble with his neighbours though, who wants to hear the clattering of tube, at 6 am on a Saturday so thats one thing to bear in mind.All in all this is a cost effective way to start, but with a view to exspanding i.e proper yard and 7.5 wagon. Also look into accreditations like chas and constructionline. All the best.

Is Chas and Constructionline not just for the bigger firms now? I think you need a large turnover for these things which a small start up would never reach for some time.

No mate £160 gets u chas , theres an option for under 5 employees
Constructionline also does similar scheme
To be fair chas seems to open more doors then most of the other schemes out there

Top Bottom