staggering handrails ...staggering

joebag

Reaction score
Believe in tg 2013 it states you must stagger your handrails now, could any designer tell me what pecentage difference this makes as per not staggering them to the structual integrity of the scaffold....also ladder gates breaking the handrail must also now be welded shut :weird:

I always thought handrails where to stop dumb brickies from falling of and not structural,
so would the scaffold be any weaker without a handrail , and does that mean that the inside standards are weaker ?

I used to always keep my ledger sleeves in the same bay all the way up and handrail sleeves in a different bay. Never had any probs.. too much fussiness these days...
Slightly off topic, tg20:13 states you can now have a ledger sleeve anywhere in the bay, instead of a max of 1/3.. but you would of done very well to keep to the 1/3 rule anyway...

Have not done much real scaffolding for the last 2 years due to too much system scaffold swamping me...

Rumor has it that all 21 ft tubes now must have an vertical arrow on them so you do not put the standard upside when erecting a job.. makes sense to me, been making that mistake since day one..

Cup holders on ladders, guide dog lead attachments and a fukin big strap on attached to every long as they fuk you up the arse for system and nasc self interest :mad:

Has anyone actually got a copy of the tg20:13 bible as I would love a read...
I have heard a few things like single bay sway bracing is back. Aberdeen transoms are no longer needed for when they were needed before...

The cartel of nasc would put your balls in your mouth if you printed that safety document on here, never mind the premise of making a safer industry. .....pay for the privilege!

tg2013.png

Transoms spaced with out reference to the standards...
So on the last one, does that now mean I can go street style and not have a transom at a node point, or have I read that wrong?

So basically what they are saying is they guessed until now they have used calculations, these people have no shame and certainly arent credible, cant believe I have just read that they have just calculated stuff and actually its not necessary....surely the premise of this should start at design calculations :mad::mad::mad:

So now you can go four trannies to a board !

The new version of TG20:13 Is actually really called Bs5973 cus that's what it seems to have gone back to

If that was the case you shoulnt have to stagger ledgers then it works the other way ie if the ledgers are not staggered then the handrails have to be continous thru the bay according to tg 13

If that was the case you shoulnt have to stagger ledgers then it works the other way ie if the ledgers are not staggered then the handrails have to be continous thru the bay according to tg 13
You don't have to stagger ledgers as long as there is a stagger in the handrail above.

Who said though russ....the same people that say no less than five trannies to a board, no more than a third into a lift, trannies next to standards......thats now defunct so what do you believe....experience. .....your peers.... anyone but nasc !

If you ever get really bored( pardon the pun) read BS2482 in there it reads that a scaffold board should ---be a minimum of 200mm wide (normally 225) and have a minimum of three supports (transoms putlogs ) it bangs on about other minutia regarding boards , but three supports ! The information is out there written down for us all to read. Your taught at college to fix handrails on doubles on the returns to aid in the stability of the scaffold structure, nobody does though, but that is best practice.

Believe in tg 2013 it states you must stagger your handrails now

THATS why all my scaffolds keep falling down, I never thought to stagger the HANDRAILS! What utter genius, thank God we have such competent, professional people making these sort of decisions on our behalf.

[/Sarcasm]

Top Bottom