sspts cards ? fact or fiction

It's one of the few things that suit the smaller firms who keep their men Jason as we only use 1 system and that's fine. The only problem my biggest customer has a load of mixed gear and once we do the training I have absolutely no idea if we could carry on building it for him or not.

You on the other hand would be moving from job to job on a regular basis and it must be difficult to say with any confidence which course would suit you best so the chances are you end up with none of them.

Im confused... unlike Bigfish i dont know the answer, lol.
You can do a 2 day System course that covers 8 different types? or a 2 day course for each? :wondering:

No jase,i dont know the answer,that's why i asked the question of how much a two day course is,then multiply by eight,and that'll be kerching?lol:huh:

Cost will vary but definitely 2 day 1 type.

Don't think there is a "NON" recognised system Rigger, they all got together to make sure they didn't loose out and any new one will need to go through the same system before hitting the market. I think the real problem is companies who use mixed loads. Cuplok, genlok and tradlok, I have seen the 3 of them on a small tower at a presentation and even the citb guy doing it didn't know what rules to apply, all very embarrassing.

Last edited:
aom There are recognised Systems and course's applicable to approved training in them

from CISRS link in prior post

"CISRS appreciate that there an increasing number of System Scaffold Products available to the sector.

We want to have an inclusive approach to Scaffold Training within our scheme, as such if a new brand or product comes onto the market we can make training available in that product as long as it meets both the relevant European standards and the requisite CISRS Training Criteria.

Please check this website regularly for an up to date listing of recognised products."

On a site with different system scaffolds I believe a "card endorsment"for each type is required :sad:

It is a feckin racket,advanced scaffolders cant put up p*ss easy system,unless we have all kinds of product training:mad:and it's only our game who have to do this,sparkys,roofers,spreads,brickies,laggers,fitters the list is endless,do all other trades have to put up with the same scams??i don t know,if it is just us,then we're fecked,because there'll always be something new that requires additional training:mad:

aom There are recognised Systems and course's applicable to approved training in them

Sorry Rigger, I meant to say "Non recognised":embarrest:

I will edit and see if it makes more sense.

aom "Cuplok, genlok and tradlok, I have seen the 3 of them on a small tower at a presentation and even the citb guy doing it didn't know what rules to apply"

All of the three mentioned system scaffold manufacturers recommend NOT mixing their components with others.

All about covering your ar$e :sad2:

All three have the same proven characteristics but agreed they do have that disclaimer, I think with the published data it could be successfully defended against. I feel I'm fairly lucky, only ever bought from 1 supplier and therefore not really a consideration when dealing with my own stuff but a bit of a worry when we go on clients jobs when we have no control over the gear supplied.

Top Bottom