sspts cards ? fact or fiction

harvey

Reaction score
Has anybody heard that site agents wont let you on site now if you havent got a SSPTS CARD for system scaffolds ?

Alledgedly you need 1 for cuplock and 1 for yellow jelly ?

Got a call for a start and even though been at the game for over 22 years and been advanced for most of them I wasnt allowed to start

Trully amazing

WELL THIS IS THE FUTURE FOR THIS GAME NO CARDS NO JOB

22 years DOSEN'T COUNT THESE DAYS

THIS GAME GETTING SH*T

same here got knocked back because i didnt have it been in the game 14 years :mad:

Been in the scaffolding game since 1963 and got 100% in my supervisors course at SGB Mitchum in 1971 also was accepted as the youngest instructor at Bircham Newton and nowadays i cannot sign a scaffold off because i have no inspectors ticket, is it me whats crazy or the system

Yer you can sign off if yer a advanced or competent

but after 1/1/2012 and you renew yer advanced card

you have to do inspectors course

OR

Q: Who is competent to inspect a scaffold?

Legislation specifies that anyone carrying out an inspection must be competent to do so. To be competent that person must have the necessary training, knowledge and experience.

As a minimum the NASC would recommend:

a) A CISRS Scaffolder cardholder would be deemed competent to inspect the scaffold structures that are covered in the CISRS Part 1 & Part 2 courses provided their employer can demonstrate they have the necessary knowledge and experience.

b) A CISRS Advanced Scaffolder cardholder would be deemed competent to inspect the scaffold structures that are covered in the CISRS Part 1, Part 2 & Advanced courses provided their employer can demonstrate they have the necessary knowledge and experience.

The contents and overall objectives of the CISRS courses can be found in the CAP 609 General Information Booklet Appendix A-C page 26-30. www.cisrs.org.uk

c) A CISRS Scaffolding Supervisor cardholder would be deemed competent to inspect the basic scaffold structures that are covered in the CISRS Part 1 and Part 2 courses provided their employer can demonstrate they have the necessary knowledge and experience. If they also hold an Advanced Scaffolders card, then they would be deemed competent to inspect advanced structures.

The content and overall objectives of the CISRS Scaffolding Supervisor course can be found in the CAP 609 General Information Booklet pages 16-17. www.cisrs.org.uk

d) A person who has been on a Basic Scaffold Inspection Course * (min. two days) would be deemed competent to inspect a basic scaffold structure provided their employer can demonstrate they have the necessary knowledge and experience and they have passed the knowledge test at the end of the course.

This course is suitable for: Management/Supervision who are responsible for inspecting scaffolds and completing reports in accordance with the Work at Height Regulations 2005.

Note: If candidates who have attended the Basic Course want to inspect more complex scaffolds, then they will need to complete the Advanced Course after they have gained sufficient experience inspecting Basic Scaffolds on a regular basis.

e) A person who has been on an Advanced Scaffold Inspection Course * (min. two days) would be deemed competent to inspect more complex scaffold structures provided their employer can demonstrate they have the necessary knowledge and experience and they have passed the knowledge test at the end of the course.

This course is suitable for: Experienced Scaffold Inspectors, Management/Supervision who are responsible for inspecting, commissioning and handing over scaffolds, and completing reports in accordance with the Work at Height Regulations 2005.

f) Persons who are required to carry out inspections of System Scaffolds must, in addition to the basic scaffold inspection course, attend an approved product training course for the specific system scaffold required and have their card endorsed with the product selected.

* Several CISRS approved training centres already offer Basic and Advanced Inspection training (both 2 days duration)

Note: • Any competent person who is not carrying out scaffold inspections on a regular basis would need to consider additional refresher training

Last edited:
Fact I'm afraid Harvey but don't worry Philliosmaximus if you don't touch the stuff you don't need the ticket, it's just to prove your competent in whatever material you are using much like the PASMA. We are booked in to Generations yard next weekend and before anyone slags me off for training on a weekend if you use Genlok they are solely able to deliver the training required and as there yards are working through the week they only run it at the weekend. I think if you have 9 or more you can maybe talk them into coming to you but as we have only 5 delegates as you need a minimum part 1 to sit it we have to go to them.

SSPTS is the system scaffold product training scheme, its a 2 day course and a bolt on to your CISRS card and it will be put on the back saying; SSPTS Cuplok or any other of the 8 systems that are approved.

It does not have its own card.

Does that mean eight two day courses,or do you do all eight in the two days?feckin hell,you'd need an A4 sized card:laugh::laugh:

Does that mean eight two day courses,or do you do all eight in the two days?feckin hell,you'd need an A4 sized card:laugh::laugh:

you know the answer Bigfish

bigfish you will then need to do a rigging and loler course to get the thing about.
it will be like one of those cheques you see on childrens in need,or comic releif.

i was to go down to some power station 2 years ago and there was a request by the guy from some stupid agency asking if i had a cuplok card,i advised him that i had worked on and off for sgb for about 10 years,and they were the company who invented the system.
it fell on death ears the fact that i was advanced blah blah blah meant nothing,i ended up with feck all start

you know the answer Bigfish

Thought as much,so how much is a two day course?and is there any funding like experienced worker?:wondering:

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

bigfish you will then need to do a rigging and loler course to get the thing about.
it will be like one of those cheques you see on childrens in need,or comic releif.

Haha i'll wear mine on a feck off chain round my neck like a fecckin rapper:nuts::nuts:

done the cuplock course over two days and a can honestly say whoever thought this wee gem up must be making a fortune,get a competency cert from sgb and open an accredited centre and the worlds your oyster licence to print the good stuff.

How True C Bhoy Its A Licence To Print Money, Ive Done Both Kwikstage And Cuplok Add Ons And For What I Actually Learned I Would Have Been As Well Putting My Money In A Bin And Setting Fire To It, Barratts Agents Among Others Just Refuse To Let You On Their Site Without Them.

SSPTS is the system scaffold product training scheme, its a 2 day course and a bolt on to your CISRS card and it will be put on the back saying; SSPTS Cuplok or any other of the 8 systems that are approved.

It does not have its own card.

Im confused... unlike Bigfish i dont know the answer, lol.
You can do a 2 day System course that covers 8 different types? or a 2 day course for each? :wondering:

2 day course for each Jason. Which could mean a few when you consider manufacturers differences, meaning you could have 3 or 4 for cuplok alone.

Ya mate.

I was going to have a little look at that after Christmas, but now you say that, ill think ill give it a miss, lol.

Top Bottom