Ssh don't tell the others

That must have been the quickest breakdown I have heard of Timthumb. We have had ours for a good few months now and works in the rain no problem. The lights at the front went out after only a couple of weeks but sent it back today for repair and service as the user is on holiday but should be back for Friday. I don't suppose we will get much more weather than the rest of you but for me, if you couldn't use them in the rain I would throw them in the bin.

Mm, seems like a lot of graft for not a lot of return. Had an interesting chat with the Hilti rep today though who tells me the advertised torque value is based on a maximum 16mm bolt size so just because it says 80nm doesn't mean it will tighten a fitting to that torque.

ALOT OF GRAFT FOR NOT A LOT OF RETUNE SEE THE IW HAS SETTLED RIGHT IN LOL .... HOW THICK IS A SCAFF BOLT :wondering:

@marcus -1986 ...i didn't look gay using one thank you very much ...just ask my boyfriend ( joking ok )

hilti fella said they would pick it up and have it back to me in three days so I'm on my course in a couple of weeks ill do it then ........

it started to go the opposite way to the switch as well which was a bit strange
@ aom as regards the lights , the only thing i don't need they are great

I've got her by the radiator right now should dry her out for tomorrow see how it goes ......

a right pain literally using the spanner again

Yeah, I told the rep I didn't need the lights either but other from the forum have mentioned that's the pre cursor to more faults so wanted it checking.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

ALOT OF GRAFT FOR NOT A LOT OF RETUNE SEE THE IW HAS SETTLED RIGHT IN LOL .... HOW THICK IS A SCAFF BOLT :wondering:

21mm diameter. The advertised rates are much higher than actual values like almost everything else in life.

ORT LADS CAME ACROSS ONE OF THESE THINGS JUST A DIFFRENT MODEL IN A HAULAGE COMPPANY WE WERE DOING WORK FOR AND ASKED WTF IT WAS FOR AND THEY SAID TO TIGHEN THE NUTS ON THE WAGONS RIGHT MIGHT BE USE FULL FOR YOU IP BOYS Laser Tools 5048 Digital Torque Angle Adaptor 1/2"D

Maybe the next generation of IW's will have accurate torque settings. Something similar built into the housing perhaps?

What?....... Like my feking fone bill lol

haha, exactly. £15 a month for 10 billion texts and 300 minutes then they shaft you with a massive bill because they don't tell you that when you go over your minutes they then charge you around half a million a minute to call someone on another network.:mad:

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Maybe the next generation of IW's will have accurate torque settings. Something similar built into the housing perhaps?

What about the swing over, will they have to fit a gauge to them?

Two turns and a squeak then?

Just release the trigger.:idea:

why dont you give the KWIKFIT fitters a bell they dont seem to have problems with theirs,or you could just throw them to **** and be REAL SCAFFS

Can't be bothered dragging an air hose around with me the way they do and if using one makes me a plastic scaff then so be it.

is that the best or are you just as pissed off about other issues as my self Bro i will no longer enter the Iw debate as i dont have an interest in it and only used it as a platform for banter

I know that but maybe other events are more at the forefront of my mind. Your buddy big Happy seemed to take the hump with me for bringing his beloved Maryhill in to question the other night.

Top Bottom