splice layher ?

i was thinking you were on about something like this its not the actuall product but very similar i have just had to to some air pruching off with the ledger to juts get the heads lol and 2 of them 1 top of splice and 1 bottom

layher head.jpg

good few posts there marra . but i supose it like me saying i wouldnt trust them wedges bolt always lol thell of tested but be just take some getting use to or big nakers lol

i was thinking you were on about something like this its not the actuall product but very similar i have just had to to some air pruching off with the ledger to juts get the heads lol and 2 of them 1 top of splice and 1 bottom

View attachment 1846

How would you use that to splice a hanger, it’s not possible or correct me if I am wrong, you would only be able to hang another hanger with them off your existing hanger or puchin, which would not be safe as you would be putting the load all on the rosette on your standard, they would be ok for 1or 2 lifts but no more than that. I have seen them rosettes break before, or they are used to secure system sheeting on the outside of your scaffold.

Last edited:
Here is a pin sleeve and a pin coupler, ok the pin spear takes getting used to...

But the pin sleeve is very easy to use and twice the speed as a bolt sleeve.

Van Thiel United | Connecting tubes

Attachments

• 249367.jpg
    249367.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 7
  • P-1082-Stw.jpg
    P-1082-Stw.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 6
How would you use that to splice a hanger, it’s not possible or correct me if I am wrong, you would only be able to hang another hanger with them off your existing hanger or puchin, which would not be safe as you would be putting the load all on the rosette on your standard, they would be ok for 1or 2 lifts but no more than that. I have seen them rosettes break before, or they are used to secure system sheeting on the outside of your scaffold.

i wasnt meaning to splice for hanger, just to splice for what ever reason. when frank ask about layher needing splices i couldent think of a reason why it would need to be, and when some one mentions off shore brackets/and bunny ears but never had a pic i assumed there were tlaking about the pic i posted.? i only work with the simples of layher companents for street work non of these fandangle bit lol and half the time ya never given the time to base it out right to get ya returns set we use the u ledgers for boards and o ledgers for ledgers only just got the two board uledgers could do with 1 board ledgers as the amount of times if you didnt use the two board and just used the 1 board you wouldnt need inisde boards on returns and stuff if ya get me.

i wasnt meaning to splice for hanger, just to splice for what ever reason. when frank ask about layher needing splices i couldent think of a reason why it would need to be, and when some one mentions off shore brackets/and bunny ears but never had a pic i assumed there were tlaking about the pic i posted.? i only work with the simples of layher companents for street work non of these fandangle bit lol and half the time ya never given the time to base it out right to get ya returns set we use the u ledgers for boards and o ledgers for ledgers only just got the two board uledgers could do with 1 board ledgers as the amount of times if you didnt use the two board and just used the 1 board you wouldnt need inisde boards on returns and stuff if ya get me.

I kind of get you; it’s the Cumbrian lingo I’m trying to understand Marra:bigsmile:

lol ,basically when people mentioned off shore brackets for splicing layher i thourght they ment the pic i posted lol i know its hard to read for other people but for me my posts makes total sense unless i read them back a week later ahahahah then i havent a clue myself lol

never seen those bunny's ears myself and i use Layher everday... good thread this..

lift heights are not set at 500 ml when u can use as we call it in germany a teller cuplong which is a layher cup with bolts which can fix at any height

Surely when you get to that stage it has got to be quicker banging in a 21?

fekin h8 the stuff but if you got all the companants to hand or most you can doa good job but i will say this you are fuked with lift highes 500mm and not come acrros anthing to change the lift hights half way up

View attachment 1846

its close mate the actual cuplong for this is great when all your standards must be doubled up , or splicing

Top Bottom