splice layher ?

frank111

Reaction score
its a basic of scaffolding ,, it needs to be done sometimes ,,, how can u do it ??????????:sad:

sorry lads ,, im just thinkin out loud ,,,,,,,,,,,,,so the braces are made 500 ml ?

are u saying that under no circumstances there is a call for a splice in lahyer system ?

It bolts together dont it ? With a retainer like cuplock ?

ok , il ex[plain a different scenario ,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,standard lands in a bad place , you need to splice a 21 to miss a manhole or whatever , or wall , you need clearence 4 inches bcoz the system is in trouble ,, how do u professionals do it ?

ok , il ex[plain a different scenario ,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,standard lands in a bad place , you need to splice a 21 to miss a manhole or whatever , or wall , you need clearence 4 inches bcoz the system is in trouble ,, how do u professionals do it ?

they have like a puncheon you wrapp off on the ledger allows you to move the standards and punch up and yes these also have pin in beam pin clips in

f.uck u scaff lololol im full of bacardi ,, do ya wanna back me in holland , ive never worked with lahyer , and i have demons lol im off next week , and wonder as ya do

f.uck u scaff lololol im full of bacardi ,, do ya wanna back me in holland , ive never worked with lahyer , and i have demons lol im off next week , and wonder as ya do

fekin h8 the stuff but if you got all the companants to hand or most you can doa good job but i will say this you are fuked with lift highes 500mm and not come acrros anthing to change the lift hights half way up

i can deal with thiel ,, but , hangin above and below tubuar jacket with out a horse ,, f.uck know bro !!!!!!!!!!!

tell me how u do it spanner ,, ffs im not bein clever ??????????????

double swivels on ends of 300mm tube and spliced on this ,, i cant get it lads honestly ,, i understand ,, ok give me a plan , but it dosent always work that way ,, looks like i wont have to wrap a double ,, van thiel ???????????

We splice layher stanards with what we call bunnies , its like a 100mm transom that is used for doubling up standards

Of course you need to splice layer, it has only a tact weld holding the spigot in place, it also has holes in the spigot for joining the standards together which makes it simple for putting your next hanging standard in and holding it in place until you splice it or pull it back to a node point, according to layer there is no need to splice with the bracing, I would put the splice in incase the bracing was taken out.

Or another method is to drill holes through your hanging standards the opposite side of the weld on the spigot were you feed a hardened bolt through, this will do away with the splice, lots of big company’s do this that build lots of hangers with layer

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Run tube up hand rails and legers

This is also another method and stronger as your using a 90 instead of a swivel, but you be f-ucked if you had to take your hand rail out for some reason, and 90% of the time you won’t have an inside hand rail

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

double swivels on ends of 300mm tube and spliced on this ,, i cant get it lads honestly ,, i understand ,, ok give me a plan , but it dosent always work that way ,, looks like i wont have to wrap a double ,, van thiel ???????????

No need to splice Van Thiel,it is designed for that. Twist and lock job done.
Maybe you should think about splicing your Barnett.
:D

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

you should never need to spice it it has ring oint hole in it to keep topper together

Spigot is only tack welded .so yes there is need to splice, the more weight you put on the scaffold the more stress you are putting on the weld.(suspended)

Top Bottom