Speed Limit?

i'm not just a pretty face after all

pritty feking ugly lol

well my navara is a commercial vehicle,or is for tax purposes anyway,what model van are you talking about?and no to the footie,my season's finished:(

seasons finished ....it never feking started lol

dont forget it's 60 mph on dual carriageways
but you can do 70 on the motorway--------------yippeeee zoooomm zoooooomm

its 70 on dual carrage way althow signs staate national speed limit of 60 dont ask me why

yeah knew about the windows but always thourght it was if there was windows in the sides rear of the front seat .

Exactly marra, so it depends on the exact design of the van. Mine is 50 because of it and taxed accordingly but as you say the same van with windows is taxed as a private car and not restricted to the same limits.

Not so much to do with windows, but GVW and design. Astravan, Fiesta, etc. are normal speed limits as they are less than 2 tonne GVW and clearly car derived vans. Kangoo, Connect, etc. are lower speed limit as although some may be less than 2 tonne GVW, they are purpose designed vans.

Grey area comes with old style Combo, Courier, etc. - less than 2 tonne GVW, and the front end of a Corsa, Fiesta, etc. but a boxy van rear end. Neither DfT or Police would give official guidance a few years ago, and don't think anything has ever been clarified since.

not so much to do with windows, but gvw and design. Astravan, fiesta, etc. Are normal speed limits as they are less than 2 tonne gvw and clearly car derived vans. Kangoo, connect, etc. Are lower speed limit as although some may be less than 2 tonne gvw, they are purpose designed vans.

Grey area comes with old style combo, courier, etc. - less than 2 tonne gvw, and the front end of a corsa, fiesta, etc. But a boxy van rear end. Neither dft or police would give official guidance a few years ago, and don't think anything has ever been clarified since.

were would aoms kangoo van come in to it then as its the same consept as a combi van ?

Marra, look into it, my Kangoo is 50 mph. The window thing is how the law differentiates between a car derived van and a light good commercial vehicle.;)

marra, look into it, my kangoo is 50 mph. The window thing is how the law differentiates between a car derived van and a light good commercial vehicle.;)

is the kangoo not the same concept as what mark has said yes under x amount but same sashie as a kangoo car ?

Who posted that link earlier? Check that out, the weight has nothing to do with it although they do have a separate set of regs. The mistake I made is the Kangoo has no glass but despite my earlier posts and thinking a bit more about it, my astra has a rear window and therefore a car derived van and can do 60.

who posted that link earlier? Check that out, the weight has nothing to do with it although they do have a separate set of regs. The mistake i made is the kangoo has no glass but despite my earlier posts and thinking a bit more about it, my astra has a rear window and therefore a car derived van and can do 60.

so kangoos not had rear windows the same as some couries and combis did have windows and some didnt ?

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

who posted that link earlier? Check that out, the weight has nothing to do with it although they do have a separate set of regs. The mistake i made is the kangoo has no glass but despite my earlier posts and thinking a bit more about it, my astra has a rear window and therefore a car derived van and can do 60.

as you well know a car can do 100+ its weather the kangoo can do it legally lol who stick to speed limits any how i know a member who never sticks to speedlimits even in a shopping trolly

fook of you, I hate it when someone trolls a legitimate speeding thread and ruins it by remembering every foible I have.:laugh:

fook of you, I hate it when someone trolls a legitimate speeding thread and ruins it by remembering every foible I have.:laugh:

Ignore him aom,i'm still bristling over his dig at my footie season:sick:

Try follow following anything North of the wall see how easy it is.;)

Top Bottom