Some guidance needed

Lahyer is used as access ramps for wheelchairs so a ramp of just about any angle is achievable as for the bend in the ramp , thick marine ply is used and will bend slightly without stressing it .

Lahyer is used as access ramps for wheelchairs so a ramp of just about any angle is achievable as for the bend in the ramp , thick marine ply is used and will bend slightly without stressing it .

Ok. But what I am not understanding is... how are Lahyer's parts any different then what I could purchase from a supplier?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but what is exactly needed here? Galvanized tubing, specific connectors, hardware? Please tell me.
My two main concerns are cost, and difficulty.

How much would something like this cost in material? I know no one can give me an exact figure, but a rough estimate would be great. I need to know if I can afford to purchase the material. I have no idea how pricing works for type of materials I will need.

And second, the ability to build the structure, remove the structure in the same day, and transport it in trailers, using a small crew men (3).

As far as the bend for the ramp, it looks like the ramp is famed with tubing and covered with plywood. I know the plywood can bend, but I don't understand how the tubing is for this is constructed.

Attachments

• Ski ramp.jpg
    Ski ramp.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 4
  • skijump.jpg
    skijump.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 7
  • skijump2.jpg
    skijump2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 8
Listen matey, it's like everything else in life, if you want it built from scaffolding using scaffolders, it's going to be too expensive and cumbersome for your requirements. If you feel you can buy a few bits of alley and glue them together then fire in but you will be very much on your own should it go wrong. Good luck whatever you decide.

You should look at the shoring and formwork systems like GASS and Alshor. These are aluminium so easy to transport. They are used for major concreting projects so are heavy duty. Also extremely easy to put together. Have used them myself for ramps on car parks etc so can be adapted for your purpose. Check out RMD or Harsco on the internet.

Top Bottom