Snow again!!!!

Springs here now, hope summer months will be better.

musta been an urgent job BF. was it worth it??

No mate,two wagons on mot's,i was out till 6 last night trying to prep them in a feckin blizzard,they looked like i'd driven them through the feckin antartic,needless to say they both failed on daft things,so i'm going on it now,feck it:(

Do you do all your fitting yourself BF? No wonder they fekin failed.:laugh:

Naw, just kidding matey, wish I could do my own as it costs me a small fortune to keep my little lot on the road.

Enjoy your few beers, seems like you have earned it, might try a couple myself.;)

Things are still pretty horrendous here, Campbeltown is still cut off from the big bad world due to snow 20 foot deep that for some strange reason they can't seem to clear. They tell me you have to go back to 64 since we had it as bad.

we had it the other week aom cant believe how bad the weathers been as off late weres the spring the clocks go back next week light evenings to look at frost and snow lol!!

We have been reasonably fortunate over the past few months but paying for it now. The snow on Friday brought down 2 of these big pylons before blocking the main road. The hydro managed to get some generators on a boat and as they can't yet get to the main problem all they can really do is move generators around giving everyone a wee while before disconnecting them again and moving it on to give some other poor soul a blast.

There will be a bit of scaffold required for the temporary sub stations they are going to have to erect though.;)

must be bad aom hope you got plenty of warburtons bread in lol!! they panic buy down south with 2cm dread to think what they do up there were you are lol!! when you do that sub station hope you got besc and persons lol!!! enjoy the white stuff while it lasts were be bakeing in the summer 2013 heatwave soon

Yeah, I hope so Dico. No need for the panic buying, most of the shops are shut as they have no stock and the ones that are open have very little stock.:(

The sub stations will have to be erected in the middle of no where, not sure if we will require to much additional certification in an emergency such as this. We will be the only scaffolders this side of the drift, it's us or nobody.;)

Lol few year ago little village am from was fine until the snow plough came every road in is a hill it comes in down the hill fine tries to get out another and makes itself an unpassable snow wall then tries on another exit and the same happens until the stuipd feker had blocke its self in and every other feker lol

You are lucky Phil, they brought down a couple of Swedish snow blowers, took them nearly 10 minutes before they got stuck in the ditch.:mad: They would have been better bringing down a couple of Swedish darlings, at least it would have cheered us up.:cool:

I dont think i could cope with weather like that AOM , it must be a nightmare for anyone with children or the old folk trying to survive that sort of weather

Better believe it, hospital really struggling but the hydro boys are doing sterling work as usual making sure the older ones are looked after with individual generators going to the old folks homes and the like. I was talking to a guy today who's sole job is to seek out the most isolated and get whatever supplies to them they required, it's some operation. I got a full shift out of it today with my truck and crane but never turned a wheel, they have me booked all week.

Top Bottom