Shrink wrap

crazynutta

Reaction score
Do many of you use or fit your own shrink wrap rather than using monoflex??

Been reading through a lot of older threads and trying to find out -

1. Cost difference between shrink wrap and monoflex
2. Is the training needed or am I better of just ******* a few jobs up and learning the hard way!
3. Best uk supplier as can't really find prices for the kit anywhere.

We done a few roofs with it, and it is not as easy as it might seem.
i think the trainning would pay for itself in wasted materials and time
you wouldnt use it instead of monoflex unless the contractors requested it as it works out a lot more expensive and time consuming.
Have a chat with allscaff on here he has done a lot of it and has a good supplier

Thanks Phil,

Still do our roofs with tin sheets but was mainly thinking this for the sides.
I would have thought the wrap would have been quicker than monoflex and if the cost wasn't miles greater then it would provide better protection all round.

Weve used it on two jobs, a bridge when doing a respray and a temo roof to seal all the sides. Its good stuff but its a pain in backside when getting round all your braces and the going back over it with the heat guns to shrink it.
With the shrink wrap you cant re-use it like monoflex and you hsve to put additional ties in on your scaffold cos the wrap deosnt give like bungy ties.

No shrink wrap is like 8 meters wide and i cant remember how long , but weigh around 90 kilos a roll ,plus you need gas a heat gun patch tape ( you will burn holes ) as i say if its what the customer wants its ok as they are paying.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

This is the company i bought all the kit from initial set up cost about £1500

Scaffold shrink wrap & Industrial shrink wrap for construction, industrial & marine applications - Tufcoat

Roll of sheet 7 x 15m (105m2) £180 this stuff is good works out bout £171m2 against monerflex(100m2) £ 0.50m2

Weve been using a product called verisafe distributed in uk by uk polythene

jobs do look neater with it and there air tight they even come with a entry zip to get in our firm was going to invest in it but there was insurance problems with the gas being transported so we just use monoflex and go back and re do it when its windy lol!!!!

The difference in cost I think is that Shrink Wrapping a job is about £2.00 per m2 more expensive but the extra cost is covered by using it and clients noticing it. You very rarely have to repair it and looks excellent.
When you first buy the stuff you can get the supplier to come and give you a few hours of thier time showing you how to apply it. Well worth doing this as just diving in will be a disaster. Try Polythene UK or Tuffcoat for suppliers.
We use it quite a lot, see my website JECS Home - JECS Access Limited
Good Luck

Shrink wrap is a lot better than mongol flex. Used it out in europe. Costs more but is worth the money to get a company in. I would recommend SCA, ask for Scott Barton.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Failing that ill come do it for you.

As Gerry says Envirowrap, its about £ 2 to £3 m2 more than mono, Scaffold needs to be flush as can be. The only problem is the clearing on the strike and sweeping it up as it breaks up once broke and pulled off.

Top Bottom