Shouting

paul

Reaction score
Dont know about anyone else but when you shout and get angry with your guys for taking a bit longer than the given time for a job does not earn any respect and they will not work any faster for it

Dont know about anyone else but when you shout and get angry with your guys for taking a bit longer than the given time for a job does not earn any respect and they will not work any faster for it

is this a daily thing marra? you can put a time limit on it but youll never hit it, its ok saying this job should take x amount of time parker cars etc all take time to get moved finding the site forman on a building site there never their waitintg for you ,our gaffer thinks when we get in wagon pull out the yard go round the conrer and were there easy as that eh lol no. no matter what the job is it takes as long as it takes bit of snagging take time 99% of the time lads work hard for the coin and to here every job they do what took you if that all youve done werve ya been could of put that up me sell etc etc you start to think fek u marra, go easy and dont expect to much

Snagging takes forever,all the old school bosses have no idea how long this takes cause in there day there was no double handrail,no stop ends,no stop end toe boards,no ladders,no ladder gates or hatches,the list goes on and on

doing a big bloke at the moment layher and it just gets fired up and then the snagging starts but a gangs could take two days snagging it easy but coz its up in 2/3days aye it up but its ruff as fek the gaffers will think it will be done by dinner. whent to 1 job the other week got told there was 1 days work left i done two days and then two other gangs done a day each and then i was back on the friday all full days for suposadly 1 days work i think after a while the gaffer loose touch with whats happening on the floor and forget asbout all these larl things that take time like digging out for sole pads the snagging and **** and wid the layher job have to base it out so your return works that and take a while just running 1 ledger down to see what sized bays are going to work all in all you knwo your self job dont allways go to plan moreoften than not its not to plan

doing a big bloke at the moment layher and it just gets fired up and then the snagging starts but a gangs could take two days snagging it easy but coz its up in 2/3days aye it up but its ruff as fek the gaffers will think it will be done by dinner. whent to 1 job the other week got told there was 1 days work left i done two days and then two other gangs done a day each and then i was back on the friday all full days for suposadly 1 days work i think after a while the gaffer loose touch with whats happening on the floor and forget asbout all these larl things that take time like digging out for sole pads the snagging and **** and wid the layher job have to base it out so your return works that and take a while just running 1 ledger down to see what sized bays are going to work all in all you knwo your self job dont allways go to plan moreoften than not its not to plan

No, me either Gerscaff.

The thing is marra although you are perfectly correct in what you say, a bit of thought and planning could quite easily save time rather than the ram stam get it up and do the snagging later. I have never liked that way of working, always complete the lift before moving on to the next one or if you have a few bodies in the squad leave a man behind to complete the fiddly bits and let the slashers fire the next lift on but to have 2 days snagging in a job for me is a nightmare.

Don't get me wrong, we do get it here but it really annoys me and makes planning the working week very difficult, give the gaffer a break and complete the lifts as you go and give him half a clue when it might be done.

I would still kick a shouty gaffer square in the nuts though.:cool:

Management:Shouting at the guys gets you nowhere,only stress levels increase if it gets that bad look for another outlet to release your pressure from your foo foo valve.

People skills Paul , thats all thats required , Catch a lot more bees with honey then vinegar ;)

No, me either Gerscaff.

The thing is marra although you are perfectly correct in what you say, a bit of thought and planning could quite easily save time rather than the ram stam get it up and do the snagging later. I have never liked that way of working, always complete the lift before moving on to the next one or if you have a few bodies in the squad leave a man behind to complete the fiddly bits and let the slashers fire the next lift on but to have 2 days snagging in a job for me is a nightmare.

Don't get me wrong, we do get it here but it really annoys me and makes planning the working week very difficult, give the gaffer a break and complete the lifts as you go and give him half a clue when it might be done.

I would still kick a shouty gaffer square in the nuts though.:cool:

lol its the gaffer that wants it up like that has the lads running around like ehadless chicken shout get this get that sending up boards b4 it had the trannys in for the layher jobs lol takes long but coz every 1 runnign round like dik eds he thinks its flying up and thinks nothing about 2 days snaggign as its put its self up rapid ahahahhaha there both getting close to a kicking most of lads are an all am at tat stage were i could explode lol

People skills Paul , thats all thats required , Catch a lot more bees with honey then vinegar ;)

nice saying ill fire that to them:laugh:

we are not women lads ,, it would be a cold day in hell if i let any c.unt shout at me ,,,,,,,,DEATH BEFORE DIS-HONOUR !

you wana be shouted at join the fooking army. scaffoldings hard enough with out some jobs worth shouting. all that. 10 minutes for break and you ante got time to eat your cheese and pickle sandwhich.yeah right do one matey either that or see you in hell matey lol.

There aint no need for shouting ever Dico , if you have a problem with a lad pull him to one side and have a quite word , treat the lads right and if they dont respond right get rid of them , shouting usually means the gaffer knows fu ck all him self in my eyes

100 percent phil ,, when i ever came across a foreman with an attitude ,, he was under pressure !

yeah or theve been bullied at school. ante come across many phill but when you do they normally get the fook off tablet lol.

I've bit my lip as its Xmas round the corner but I can see broken jaw and instant death gettin brought out of retirement in the new year,,,,its about real respect not the crap kids talk about but true admireing respect,to earn that all you have to do is work harder,safer and never doubt your own ability to solve a problem,after that everything falls into place,,,and if it doesn't become a brickie as they're just dikheads !

just square and offer after hours ,, nobodys businees then ,, done it many a time

I can be a shouter sometimes but only because its my name on the wagon and my name that gets slated if its not done right... near enough is not good enough .my time and motion are spot on and after over 25years of turning a spanner my only downfall is in assuming that others can do the job to the same standard and in the same time as me and when they cant....i dont suffer fools gladly...ur not in the samaritans...so do ur job well ,without takin the pisss or making a mistake that could kill someone -u show me a older scaff who was never shouted at.character building is what it was called in the day ..so all u boyz who dont like it come off the spanners and join the salvation armry as the world of the roughty tuffty scaff is not for you

a quiet word at end of day sayin its not good enough is enough sothern ,, no need for the rambo stuff , u only do it bcause u know u can !

Top Bottom