SGS from Hull

Gaz

Reaction score
I heard these went bust. Anyone know if its true?

wow, last i heard they were valued over £5m lol

Fair play though, they was a good company to work for, 8 hours on a friday n get paid 10. And a crate of beer each for all the lads at christmas lol. No wonder they went under.

Sgs

Hi Gaz

Where did you work for them, I did a stint on a school in Nelson, Lancs. Foreman for the site, like you said good pay and beer at Christmas.

I was on Manchester college, 2 different sites at Salford Quays, Huddersfield uni and did abit on that college in Burnley too. Benny was the foreman when I was there. Whats your name then?

Best "street" firm I've ever worked for, Steve Gainey was a genuine fella who looked after his lads. Did 18 months for em back in 2005, Balmer was a bit of a **** tho! Shame, good firm in my book

Sgs

Did one weekend on Benny's site when it was on it's way down. Nick Flynn on Pendle Vale, you might know my brother Chris. He managed Pendle Vale before he got shoved out.

Benny is running a firm in Clitheroe for an old boss of mine.

Chris from Fleetwood? If so then your brother is a sound guy, great supervisor.

I couldn't stand benny, biggest brown tongued ******* id ever met. Didnt he kind of do your brother out of a job?

Balmer

Balmer called a spade a spade all right, Only met Gainey once when he did a site visit with John Simpson but they all seemed sound. Ended up getting shafted at the end though, Balmer laid me off after another lad was spreading crap about me and our kid to him and Gainey, said they would take me back on when they'd got shut of him but it never happened. Had a good time on the site though.

Balmer was a bit of a **** tho!

Yea, him n benny, pair of pricks

Steve Gainey was sound too, bought us all breakfast one weekend, and even offered me a lift home to save me gettin on the bus for 11 miles. Shame he couldn't see through the *********

Last edited:
Tell your brother that gaz bailey off manchester uni says hi and wishes him well ;)

Will do Gaz,

He's off to London on Monday for Harsco on Heathrow. just spoke to him and he said he remembered you.

Nice1, if hes ever after any scaffs id be more than happy to work for him again. Im workin down south myself at the moment too. Not too far from heathrow.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

And big ste? Is that big ste the fireman ste? Lol

Still going strong as far as Im aware. SG is a good buisness man.
Maybe the soulman can shead some light to this.

They are still on the go, as I saw one of the trucks in Hull city centre about half 3ish today loaded up with gear and heading back towards their yard.

Is that the same john simpson whose now top man at interserve. Whats he like?

Lol not definatley :)

most probably though

Top Bottom