Sg4:10

desp

Reaction score
Sg4:10 inside boards

Ok try this one , are there any regulations that specify you have to have 2 inside boards for bricklayers scaffolds

Last edited:
haha, read the warning on the stickies bit, nasc don't like threads like this.

Ok try this one , are there any regulations that specify you have to have 2 inside boards for bricklayers scaffolds

No. We usually try and give them it but sometimes it's impossible. It was a while back now but we got into a bit of trouble with a lift shaft where we could only get one inside board and the brickie was too fat to get round the internal corners. We baffled him with design regulations and told the client we would need a design if they wanted it changed and as soon as they heard that they told him to loose some weight.:laugh:

SG4 would not help you anyway, think it's TG20 you would need to get a copy of.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpDjikjtIG0]SG4:10 Safe Scaffold Guidance - YouTube[/ame]

If you're sure it's what you want.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

STOP THE VOICES.:eek:

what a boring cu!t there be comeing out with a tg 13 soon lmfao!!!!

It's just that we have so much work on an so much gear standing at the moment if I cut the brickies scaffolds down to one inside board instead of two I would save myself 250-300 boards , which at the moment would be a life saver, I just want to make sure there are no guidelines that the company's we work for can throw at me

No regs but you better make sure there is nothing in the quotes or method statements they could throw at you.

To be honest, whilst I know it's not easy but it may be simpler to buy the 300 boards rather than risk upsetting your client.

No regs but you better make sure there is nothing in the quotes or method statements they could throw at you.

To be honest, whilst I know it's not easy but it may be simpler to buy the 300 boards rather than risk upsetting your client.

Bought 400 last month , got a 1000 on hire that I've just transferred over to purchase an that's me done for now I'm afraid , if the rest of the site would bloody well keep to program we'd be alright

I know exactly what you mean. There is a limit we all have one.

On one new build site we've got 25 plots standing an 15 of them are up to 3rd lift continually waiting for chippies an roofers , then they turn up with two men
If I send less than 5 men to site I get my balls chewed by the contracts manager, does my fookin swede in

Sorry rant over

On one new build site we've got 25 plots standing an 15 of them are up to 3rd lift continually waiting for chippies an roofers , then they turn up with two men
If I send less than 5 men to site I get my balls chewed by the contracts manager, does my fookin swede in

Sorry rant over

that sort of stuff would twist my tash no sense in it at all lol, back to the subject its only a guess lol but isnt 3 board for inspection 4 board for men plus amterials and 5 board for men plus material plus passage of material no i dont think you would even have to give them 5 and 1 unless men plus materials plus passage of material is 5 and 1 not sure thow so dont quote me sure some 1 will correct me if am rong .... lol a lot of brickies round here ask for the standards up to the wall hard some plasters ask for the thin 2ft off the wall an all we give them sliders with 2 inside board so if they want it 2 ft off they can do.

No need to slag Rick off he's actually a good bloke. He saves some work in classroom. Lol.

Sorry rant over

We get it all the time, if the rest of the construction trade could keep up we might not be in recession. I wish I had a pound for every time the client would say the scaffold is the only thing that went up on schedule, then they moan at us because the hire charges are so expensive. :mad:

We get it all the time, if the rest of the construction trade could keep up we might not be in recession. I wish I had a pound for every time the client would say the scaffold is the only thing that went up on schedule, then they moan at us because the hire charges are so expensive. :mad:

you dont need any more pounds

Well not round the middle that's for sure.:eek:

Good Morning
TG20 "Table 1, Load Class 3 &4" both show for brickwork & masonry work designations of 5 boards between the standards with no inside boards.
Thus the answer you seek would be no.
regards
Alan

Top Bottom