SG4-10 supplied by safety and access

Spoke with Simon and he reckoned we couldn't apply for re-training as the man in question has already had the government grant for training first time around. Again, no one will take responsibility for sub-standard training and in the mean time the guy is left whistling in the wind. He has at least taken the bull by the horns and started training himself and re did his part 1 but it's a big ask to start again what ever the reason.

As for your friend who learned nothing practical but improved his knowledge you would need to be living on the moon not managing to keep up with current regulations, has he never heard of this forum?:D
As I said, a total waste of time and resources if you can't teach them anything. The term "trained & ticketed" is fine, but if 20 years counts for nothing in this or any other game we really are in trouble.

Last edited:
Old time scaff mate proper old time he still has a VHS video, so no chance of a pc for the forum...

I agree to what you are saying AOM but no body should be going 20 years without training employers have an obligation to train which they tend to where blinkers on (not all)..

That's the crux of the matter though Dave, we know there was loads of firms who never trained guy's and there are still more than a few who won't train their men, but why should the guy's carry the brunt of the burden by having their livelihoods taken away from them unless they spend nearly 2 years covering the most basic of scaffold operations when most of them could bury you under work placed evidence of some of the most complicated structures we have in our industry. We know and accept the status quo is not an option but I think a more realistic solution can and must be sought. As I said earlier, the finger pointing must stop and energy re-directed to trying to find a more real world solution. We could probably go back and forth all night but I think we will have to agree to disagree, but I don't think this problem will go away any time soon and in the mean time guy's like Dico are being deprived of a means to earn an honest buck.

Top Bottom