SG4-10 supplied by safety and access

S

steve gregory

This should explain it a bit better for you all......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-TuCg-kelA]YouTube - NASC Scaffolding Guidance SG4:10 - Preventing Falls in Scaffolding[/ame]

Any comments below:................................

arrive on site ...find mewp........ erect some puncheons

21s across the cage..... asked to leave site as
1 nothing should be poking outside the cage
2 not to use mewp as material hoist

dilemma every time
i welcome single guardrails in every lift

tim

In my opinion, a decent presentation of a well thought out and progressive document.

With you on that Phil good post Steve!!

XXIANXX: Your spot on with your comments Rick does know his stuff. Had the pleasure of working with Rick when I was a manager at Palmers top bloke. Another person who I hold in very high regard in scaffolding industry and again is also a top bloke is Simon Hughes. Strange how neither of them have scaffolding cards but are very technical and knowledgeable within the industry, some may say best in the country.

Taking into account some comments on the forum regarding grandfather rights etc, I wonder if these 2 top knowledgeable blokes both of whom can erect and dismantle scaffolds and know there stuff, would they be eligible to gain the status?

Fair comment Dave I see where your coming from they are getting some flack from lads that don't realise how much these two do actually know about the industry. That said I think they need to sit down and sort the ecitb problem out, we both know that these lads with ecitb accreditation could be assessed to gain the equivalant cisrs card in place of their ecitb card.

Ian I think it should be down to the ECITB to sort out. If the ECITB ran the scheme correctly they should have evidence why the lads got issued the card and to me this would be the starting point with the argument.

Like most people on here I have got friends who have been hit by this and at this moment time they cannot see an answer so are taking advantage on what is available rather then payout themselves.

I see people posting on here saying that training centres and the NASC should put something back into the industry? What about the companies who these lads have worked for they are the ones who have gained over the years from these lads and I know the companies will hit back and say these lads good paid well (yeah in some cases working hard for the coin) and on the other hand you have the ECITB where are they hiding in all this did the lads not have to pay for the ECITB card and I am sure they had to renew them at some point (not sure if they did, but if so what this at a cost)....

There are too many companys and scaffolders out there not using any system of safe work

Ian I think it should be down to the ECITB to sort out. If the ECITB ran the scheme correctly they should have evidence why the lads got issued the card and to me this would be the starting point with the argument.

Like most people on here I have got friends who have been hit by this and at this moment time they cannot see an answer so are taking advantage on what is available rather then payout themselves.

I see people posting on here saying that training centres and the NASC should put something back into the industry? What about the companies who these lads have worked for they are the ones who have gained over the years from these lads and I know the companies will hit back and say these lads good paid well (yeah in some cases working hard for the coin) and on the other hand you have the ECITB where are they hiding in all this did the lads not have to pay for the ECITB card and I am sure they had to renew them at some point (not sure if they did, but if so what this at a cost)....

Hi Dave,

I am personally looking forward to your input on this forum in the coming months and advertising free training is a step in the right direction if not the complete answer. I agree with what you say regarding ECITB and companies who used these guy's without investing in training, but (there's always 1 eh) what we are really after is solutions, I realise you are only answering other posters but until we get past the finger pointing stage we will never see any progress to finding a solution to this problem. Forcing experienced men to sit with the young team in a classroom to do his part 1 is not solution and I don't think I could do that myself. I reckon a total rethink is needed in this regard and these guy's should at the very least be able to go straight on a subsidised advanced course. No one is looking for handouts or charity, just a fair crack of the whip.

I think that would be a good solution, go in at Part 2 or Advanced subsidised (by ive not a clue!!!) and see if you can do it!

I think that would be a good solution, go in at Part 2 or Advanced subsidised (by ive not a clue!!!) and see if you can do it!

To be perfectly honest Tomp, I haven't a clue either but if you tackle it from another angle you might get somewhere. The guilty parties have been named and shamed but we still have to pick up the pieces and try to move this thing forward.

mate solutions come from people of every standard and every job putting forward ideas, sometimes stupid ones but its that, that kick starts the idea that will become the solution! everyman has his place in this world!

That's why the SCCR was formed and after meeting Ragscaff I finally realised the size of the task ahead and also the commitment he has pledged to this movement, but we need help and input from all.

Your all doing a sterling job mate, i think its a case of lads think where the hell to we start!

i think Ragscaff is the new Martin Luther King - he def has a dream and i hope it comes true for all our sakes!

think Ragscaff is the new Martin Luther King - he def has a dream and i hope it comes true for all our sakes!

Ha ha, he will love that when he reads it, I reckon he is more like Rodney King but the sentiment is the same.:D:D:D

Get your forms in.

Aom agree with what you saying, I recently got a old scaff through on the free training and to be honest I have known him personally for many years. I actually thought he was an advanced scaffolder but one thing or another chased the money and only had a ECITB card.... His view was easy to obtain with less hassle. He should have had his advanced card years ago..

But he said not the systems fault, his choice but a good thing come to the end....

I think no matter what solution you put in someone will still have a moan, for instance how many years experience to allow for ASRE 5 / 10? What status should you have?

For me the industry needs a system at this moment in time the CISRS scheme is that. Which is been worked on and improved.

One card system to prevent were we are now, companies will then have to train lads

Hi Dave,

There will always be problems with training and re-training, especially with regard to the SCORE cards north of the border, could this situation rear it's ugly head again with more and more training facilities springing up all over the country? Free training is great and goes some way to alleviating the problem, but exactly what did your friend learn during his time at the centre? It is a total waste of time and tax dollar to send an experienced man to teach him to build a 8x8 tower and no matter how you dress it up it is not giving the tax payer best value for money or improving the skills set of the individual, there must be another way.

To be honest on the practical nothing, on the knowledge side he did due to changes etc

The score card I will be honest do not know much about but if memory serves me you could apply for this if you could show you done an apprenticeship or had a skill would that be right.

Top Bottom