Servicing Fittings

jakdan when was the last time you even used a fitting never mind serviced one haha , just squirt them with diesel straight from the pump when ya filling the wagon , does the trick every time

ASL Offshore down in the northern sector had a machine that looked like a huge washing machine went in one end manky came out other end sparkling, probably expensive but i would imaging it would pay for itself after awhile,must have otherwise Terry Neal woudnt have bought it

the use of diesel has a long term effect - not only does it make ur hands and everything else stink,but with dermatological and carcenagenic properties with the possibility of skin problems and possibley cancer are heightend, we were warned to stop useing it, which we did about 11 years ago, hse also argue that although the flash point is high there is still the risk of it allowing a fire to spead more quickly, also any chemicals that are used in the yard need to have a fit for purpose statement and a cosh report, so to cover ourselves we now use both cliplube and scaffease although personally i like cliplube better as a little cheeper and leaves a nice residue behind on the fittings- ope this helps

only in winter , just cos the name sez i'm a poof dont mean i gotta act like one lolo
on the serious side the deisel doesn't just go onto ur hands does it ! penetrates ur cloths as well and u try and argue wiv ur misses that ur last workload has fuuucked up her brand new hotpoint lol

I have never found the scaffeeze that expensive or that brilliant on it's own to be honest. We brush on the scaffeeze then leave them for a couple of day's then go over them again with new engine oil. I find that both of these things on their own only last one short duration job before needing done again but both together is the dogs, we also use the doctors gloves to protect our wee mits and have the cosh report for all chemicals we use.

Not done any time in the yard since I was 17 but at that time it was diesel and an air gun with 7/16 socket, a bench and a vice.
God I hated doing the fittings ! lol

Your lucky Zoetsy, no age limit or gold card carrying exemptions when it comes to servicing in my yard.

lol
Maybe Aom mate
Only time worked in yard was when I was doing my driving test. Soon as I had a car I was put out on site and everywhere else I've worked, even the little firms, have always had permanent yard lad/lads who got to do those sort of things !!! ;) lol

boyz load & unload their own wagons we also keep a 1ltr pump spray filled with clip lube on all the wagon,so always get a spray in their stillage after strike & before use so no need for yardies doin it, and the boyz got noone else to blame if thier fitting are dry lol

bloke i wrk for uses them spray guns too but they always corrode wont be long b4 every scaff carrys a little fitting oil pump in their tool bags lol

How about a dual pump. Half oil for fittings,half deep heat for achey joints

u take the piss but i know many oldschoolscaffs who used to carry a can of wd40

I've been recommended Anticorit 988 to use on our fittings.

Anyone heard of or used it ???

Descent price as well @ £2.48 per litre

Top Bottom