Servicing Fittings

scaffman1

Reaction score
What do you use to service your fittings??

We have been using diesel recently after being advised that our previous mix was not appropriate. I'm now curious as to what others use as the diesel only lasts for a few weeks (less if the job is near the sea) and it's a pain trying to keep on top of the servicing.

Diesel is a big NO NO scaffman real nasty stuff , scaffeaze is expensive but great gear for the fittings and a lot less harmful for the lads

each fitting will do at least a couple of jobs we do ours probably 4 times a year which keeps them in pretty good nick , unless they been on a long hire job , dip them in a bath of it and then let the scaffeaze dry in makes them real nice to work with

What is your annual cost on the scaffease phil and how many fittings do you carry in stock mate.

You can pm me or send me an email at k.hughes11@btinternet.com if you want to keep the details private.
cheers

kev

Was using scaffeze,but found it very exspensive,and wears off quick,so have reverted back to the old,but cheap and effective,method;)

Be careful using the old Catweasel, as it can cause 'Contact Dermititis', however thats all i have ever used, splash a few buckets in the bins.:eek:

Diesel is a big NO NO scaffman real nasty stuff , scaffeaze is expensive but great gear for the fittings and a lot less harmful for the lads

thats what we use PM, USE TO USE COPPER GREASE WHICH WAS GREAT, BUT FAR TO SLOW TO APPLY!

scaffeaze but if you wanna cheap option go to tesco and get some cheap sunflower oil, wind the thread and dip em in ;-)

Scaffeze is basically liquid WD40 chaps just a slight variation as WD40 is a product that covers a range of different uses whereas scaffeze is concentrated on nuts and bolts type applications, if you approach any of your local chemical supply companies you can find, the likes of them that supply construction companies or fabrication or mechanical workshops , Wholesale of the shelf type supplier I dont mean go knock on ICI,s door :nuts: Tell them what you want and they will supply it or know someone who does supply the type of lubricant you need for nuts and bolts type applications.

Probably in a plain container no fancy labels or names but a good product at half the type of prices you used to being quoted , Maybe £1 to £1-50 a litre if memory serves correct ( doubtful :laugh: ) Then we generally use the spray guns giving them a gentle spray everytime they come into yard , they get a throrough service if they come off long term jobs or are maybe off a site and look like they need TLC :laugh:

I will try find out some prices off our supplier in county durham , and ask if they deliver further away also if they mind me posting their details up .

K Y Jelly, PM Jakdan, he gets it at a discount rate as he is their best customer, never heard of it before, however, if Jakdan says it services him, who am i to object.:D

servicing fittings

wd-40 is what ive been using for years and ive seviced 10's of 000's of fittings.

if you use wd on its own then it tends to dry out so if you mix say 10 parts wd-40 to 1/2 a part of wax oil or soap oil then it basically does the same as all your fancy scaffeze products. either spray the fittings or paint then threads

ive got fittings of my own that i serviced using this type of product over four years ago and they're still working fine, every time they come off a job i use a hand held garden sprayer to give them a once over then they're fine

Sprayed and used often they start to build up a greasy oily substance on the threads that keeps them free as Fcuk. so listen to me an the refurb dude ok lads :bigsmile:

fittings servicing

and dont buy the actual branded wd-40 as it costs a fortune, i get my stuff from a company called 'smith and allen' they'r based in darlington but they also do alot stuff on ebay. does the exactly the same but alot cheaper.

Scaffeze is basically liquid WD40 chaps just a slight variation as WD40 is a product that covers a range of different uses whereas scaffeze is concentrated on nuts and bolts type applications, if you approach any of your local chemical supply companies you can find, the likes of them that supply construction companies or fabrication or mechanical workshops , Wholesale of the shelf type supplier I dont mean go knock on ICI,s door :nuts: Tell them what you want and they will supply it or know someone who does supply the type of lubricant you need for nuts and bolts type applications.

Probably in a plain container no fancy labels or names but a good product at half the type of prices you used to being quoted , Maybe £1 to £1-50 a litre if memory serves correct ( doubtful :laugh: ) Then we generally use the spray guns giving them a gentle spray everytime they come into yard , they get a throrough service if they come off long term jobs or are maybe off a site and look like they need TLC :laugh:

I will try find out some prices off our supplier in county durham , and ask if they deliver further away also if they mind me posting their details up .

Yes.
It also smells very similar... as you say, its almost like an unbranded and 'watered' down version of WD40.

Cant beat the stuff really.
Good for fittings and also good to lube up your tools, that have mechanisms like Ratchets and Tape Measures. :)

Top Bottom