Scafftags

scaff123

Reaction score
Hello all,

Does anyone know of any alternative options to the 'scafftag' holder. I have dozens of green inserts, however I would like to purchase holders of some description, and as you are probably aware they are pretty expensive.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

That's funny, I have the very opposite problem, loads of holders and no inserts. Maybe we should get together.:D

there was a thread on here a while back saying what you could use to wipe them clean and re use the inserts

That's funny, I have the very opposite problem, loads of holders and no inserts. Maybe we should get together.:D
Nail varnish remover cleans them like new, use it all the time. Have problems with holders too, getting broke. As Phillo said, cable ties come in handy.

I remember, deodorant and all sorts was mentioned. I was in the yard on my todd one day and tried a couple of these miracle methods and all I was left with was a load of blank cards and a yard smelling like a Turkish chicken ranch and a couple of squads thinking I'd turned queer and up to no good whilst they are out grafting.:eek:

sure they are designed to be wiped clean . its done a lot offshore . i usually toss the holder and insert

Not the ones I seem to get allan, don't know if it's the length of time they have been done or what but the green background seems to be the only thing we can wipe clean.

i dont think they are as they charge a fortune for replacements and they wouldn't selll as many if you could wipe them.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

I cant get them clean either aom and they fade quite fast in the sun (probably not a problem in Scotland lol)

They will tell you it's for your records to prove inspections took place should questions be asked later, but the paper work in the office does that better and the real reason is to sell more expensive replacements.

you can definetly get a spray solution to wipe them clean . maybe a different pen is used with the solution . i remember a w*nker gaffer offshore called disco dave moaning like **** at me for bending tags cos he couldnt use them again .what a pri(k that bloke is

I cant get them clean either aom and they fade quite fast in the sun (probably not a problem in Scotland lol)

Your right there, all the more worrying when 5 new harnesses failed on uv degradation, aye right ye are.:mad:

sh it thats scary that you had 5 harnessess fail mate , have you ask the manufacture any questions about that , i would not be happy that the lads where at risk like that , the last few summers we have had 90 pus degrees for weeks at a time in London i gotta look into that.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

hahahahahaha allan have you been at that G already mate lol

aom i seen your location and always assumed you were from plymouth . fook me i couldnt be more wrong . my geography all stems from football teams

Aye very good allan, as you say couldn't be more wrong. My geography pretty much stems from teams as well so can understand the mistake. I think I'm closer to the Faroe's than Plymouth.:D:D

not yet but if i get back early enough 1000 posts will be mine tonight . maybe wear a newcastle top cos i know the sunderland match is on and i ,ll have a back eye by 9 o clock and be home by ten past

sh it thats scary that you had 5 harnessess fail mate , have you ask the manufacture any questions about that , i would not be happy that the lads where at risk like that , the last few summers we have had 90 pus degrees for weeks at a time in London i gotta look into that.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

hahahahahaha allan have you been at that G already mate lol

I wouldn't look into it too much Phill, sent the harnesses else where and passed no problem. One harness in particular(mine)was hardly used and stored in a metal container no where near any sunshine and still failed. It was a ploy to get rid of single point harnesses as they thought the twin rigs would become more popular to comply with all the regs. Shower of s hit bags.

Top Bottom