Scaffolding Terminology

Ledger bracing sometimes called doglegs, as in the way a dog cocks his leg when he pee's. The word hemping comes from the act of joining 2 wooden vertical poles with hemp rope in the old days.

*****,s lips , lemon dips means clips (single)
barney rubble means double
a jacob is a ladder
frankie valli means ally as in aluminium

and a plank is a thick person :D

good point scaff2010

we call sleeves joints and we call spigots , pins

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

good point scaff2010

we should try setting up a scaffs dictionary on here to see what is called where and all the rhyming slang names etc etc

as long as you dont get called bungelow your laughing lol !!!!!!

My Laddie who grafts with me, came back from NETA at Stocton, while doing his apprenticeship , started calling, 'Sleeves' Boxes:confused:

clips ,flaps,fanny clips,pigs ears,oysters,barnies,dubbs,prob many others.
longuns,1ers,
best one is go and get us a long/short 5,8,10,13,16 this would be as every tube you seem to pick up when working with some firms ,always have b-----d sizes .
any one asks for a pole or a plank F--k them straight off and ask them to find a marrabooboo .

good point scaff2010

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

good point scaff2010

we should try setting up a scaffs dictionary on here to see what is called where and all the rhyming slang names etc etc

Good idea superscaff, I'll start you off with this one especially for Paddy: Birdscage-Stage.:D

Zach,

i currently work in saudi where this terminology is widely used. Transverse is yankee for ledger bracing and Longitudinal is the sway brace ( face brace). Even sole Boards are called mud cells.
Aom is right , you need to do 2 videos as our standards , terminology, brain capacity and general common sense far exceeds anything some septic tank has written. I have done a matching excercise ( with the aid of NASC) and the two standards are poles apart. If you get a copy of the Aramco scaffolding book it will give you all the OSHA nonsense you need.Theres even a paint by numbers version for the septics from Texas.

Good idea superscaff, I'll start you off with this one especially for Paddy: Birdscage-Stage.:D

Thanks AOM mate

if you look hard you will see a bird stuck in the scaffold, hence looks like a 'Birdcage';)
towersbirdcage.gif

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh look who learned to cut and paste.:toung:
Looks more like a stage to me Paddy.:D:D

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh look who learned to cut and paste
Looks more like a stage to me Paddy./QUOTE]

Harder than cut n paste mate, Try to copy a pic off a pdf:eek: then save in docs, then upload to photobucket, then open SF and paste to post;) the things i do for you my northern buddy:D

och Paddy, ye didnae huv tae dae aw that fur me.:D

Got to be honest, after my earlier attempts at additions in posts, I'm going to stick with cut n paste.:eek:

Top Bottom