Scaffolding Supervisors Course

News to me as well, can't be the outage as DSL have it can't be maintenance as Hertel have it, can't be the carbon capture as everyone as had to reprice for it

just been told by the palmers boys in aberthaw p.s. that there goin there after this shutdown.

I do agree with everyones opinion, but the fact i am not a no mark that doesn't know his arse from his elbow meant that was th reason i wanted to do the supervisors course. i can no longer do the physical aspectmof scaffolding but want to stay within the industry. i have scaffolded since leaving school and i have always loved my job, i agree with the arguement that anyone without a clue about scaffolding can get their card is a joke, but then again, if they show the interest in the given industry then they will improve and end up making a positive contribution.

.....and, breathe. lol, rant over hee hee

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

sorry bout the spelling mistakes in my post guys

If you can't do the physical side of the job have you thought of trying to get into the inspectig or instructing side, supervisors go through hell with the hours ad=nd **** they have to put up with, even the good ones!

could i go down the instructing route only having my basic tho?? the inspection side was a thought initially, but the actual supervisor course covers a wider range of things included is the inspection side too so the supervisor course seemed the better option

I think you have to have been advanced for 5 years for the instructing side, looks like the supervisor card covers more, i know its just very time consuming if you become a supervisor for not much thanks!

could i go down the instructing route only having my basic tho?? the inspection side was a thought initially, but the actual supervisor course covers a wider range of things included is the inspection side too so the supervisor course seemed the better option

You would need your advanced ticket,or advanced inspection to inspect advance jobs,the supervisers ticket alone is not enough:confused:and you would not be able to inspect pt2 jobs either without your pt2,although i suspect there's loads of brickies inspecting these jobs,because they've got a superviser's card:eek:

Top Bottom