Scaffolding Supervisors Course

paul678

Reaction score
Hey all, a quick question. What are the minimum requirements for the supervisors course? I am time served as a scaff for over 15 years, but only at basic level. Do I need advanced to go through this course?

Any help is welcomed.

Cheers

thanks for the replies, its just that someone told me that i had to have my advanced for it. think he was trying to put me off going for it lol.

cheers again

I did it at UTN and it was ****... you don't need a card to do it though, our lass could pass..

Think you should have your advance before you start telling guys who do have their advance what to do;)

Think you should have your advance before you start telling guys who do have their advance what to do;)

that then opens the door to tickets vs exp lol lets not do it arrr fek it would you more likely listen to a supervisor with an advanced or basic :laugh::laugh:

Get yer advanced first, then do yer supervisor, then scaffold inspection.

Most firms ask for this if you going to be a supervisor

CISRS Scaffold Supervisor Course

Hello Paul,

The "Supervisors Course" is actually a "Management and Supervisory Course"

The Course is open to all. You do not have to have an Advanced Card etc.

The course is recognised by UKCG as a management or supervisory qualification so is valuable in that context.

We have excellent feedback on the courses that we run at Safety & Access.

There is to be a referesher course of two days to be introduced at some point to fit with UKCG requirements.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rick Statham
Joint MD
Safety & Access Ltd.

Hi Rick, thanks for the reply. It's more the site management side i am looking to get into anyway, been told by the docs I can no longer do the physical side as have had both hips replaced. Am already semding out letters to a lot of companies so fingers crossed

thanks again mate

I would say cisrs scaffold supervisor course / IOSH / advanced inspection would be a good start then try looking for supervisor jobs !! Think Interserve are looking up your way.
Good luck

Good luck paul,i'm not saying dont go for it,but i personally think the system is wrong in letting anyone take this course,a scaffold superviser card should be for ex scaffolders,who have put the years in,and have the knowledge to do the job through experience,instead of any old tom,d ick,or harry who may never have held a spanner in his life,in fact most supervisery roles advertised are asking for ten years experience,so even employers are aware of the need for experience over the five day wonders,imo,in what other line of work can a man be a superviser in five days??:suspicious::notrust:

To some extent mate i agree, but what then happens with the guys with their advanced who cant scaffold.

Cards mean nothing mate, i know lads with no cards who can scaffold and i know lads with advanced who just dont have an inkling on what to do.

And to be truthful, being advanced and a supervisor whe your young doesnt go down well with the older lads!:wondering:

To some extent mate i agree, but what then happens with the guys with their advanced who cant scaffold.

Cards mean nothing mate, i know lads with no cards who can scaffold and i know lads with advanced who just dont have an inkling on what to do.

And to be truthful, being advanced and a supervisor whe your young doesnt go down well with the older lads!:wondering:

Some good points Bri,but the ones who cant scaffold soon get fecked off once found out,i think we all know some great scaffs with no cards at all,which mostly is'nt their fault,just victims of circumstance's at the time maybe,but to card a man after a five day course and then call him a scaffold superviser is a mockery of our game:unsure::notrust:

Your right mate, but the problem i find is that where a company has loads of work they employ the drop kicks who can't scaffold just to up their numbers; its usually these no marks who make the company and other lads look ****!

Everyone's ability is different, some can think and implement systems quicker and safer than other's, the cards deems a man competent but its the ability of the man who makes him competent.

I do agree with everyones opinion, but the fact i am not a no mark that doesn't know his arse from his elbow meant that was th reason i wanted to do the supervisors course. i can no longer do the physical aspectmof scaffolding but want to stay within the industry. i have scaffolded since leaving school and i have always loved my job, i agree with the arguement that anyone without a clue about scaffolding can get their card is a joke, but then again, if they show the interest in the given industry then they will improve and end up making a positive contribution.

.....and, breathe. lol, rant over hee hee

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

sorry bout the spelling mistakes in my post guys

dont no how to post thread.just let u no Palmers are taking on men for Drax powerstation. good luck.

Top Bottom