Scaffolding Stolen / Fraud in Luton

Scaffolding Supplies

Reaction score
We have had a fraudulent credit card purchase in Luton, the equipment was delivered to Cheapside, Luton ( just off shopping centre ) at end Oct / early Nov. If anyone knows of any details can they let me know.
The main details are that we delivered tube, boards and fittings, longest tube was 13ft, also 6 short ladders,two sets of harness and tools along with two yellow retractable sala reels.
The lads who unloaded were black, but with Luton accents.
Any info helpfull, Marc, Scaffolding Supplies 01472 501011

I hope the forum can help you out on this 1. Colour of tube might help and was it stamped?

sorry to hear about your fraud payment....getting the work these days is hard enough but getting paid is a different matter altogether. Taking a credit card / debit card payment is always a salesman dream. I know that i persoannly hate chasing customers for cash after 30 days when payment is due on account! :sad2:

The equipment was all brand new, unmarked galv, plain end boards and pressed steel doubles. For those that may come accross this gear the doubles are left handed! not the same as scaffolders use. If you picked one of these doubles up you would notice straight away as you wouldnt understand why the were upside down.

Appreciate the help , thanks

Good luck, as if it wasn't already hard enough to make a living.

good luck mate - hope you get some leads the left hookers should stand a mile out

The equipment was all brand new, unmarked galv, plain end boards and pressed steel doubles. For those that may come accross this gear the doubles are left handed! not the same as scaffolders use. If you picked one of these doubles up you would notice straight away as you wouldnt understand why the were upside down.

Appreciate the help , thanks

aye, left handers, picked one up once, glad no one was watching me try to put it on:)
needless to say it got slung.

best of luck with finding your gear.

I am from Luton. I will keep an eye out. I've got some left handed doubles and raps and they do throw you off ya game when they are mixed in with normal. Mine are all rusty tho. I allways look at every scaff job I drive past and I'm allways out and about. Did you deliver the gear if so have you got an address.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Just noticed you put cheapside in ya post. If you send me the exact address I will call round and ask about who done the scaffolding if you haven't done that.

On a more serious note my money would be on this gear turing up at some illegal warehouse party rave type event in the Bedfordshire area , in the form of speaker stands and lighting rigs.

On a more serious note my money would be on this gear turing up at some illegal warehouse party rave type event in the Bedfordshire area , in the form of speaker stands and lighting rigs.

podger, get me a ticket for that rave carry on, that scene is dead up here, could do with a goodnight :blink1:

We dropped the gear offin " Cheapside" just off Guildford Street, we met them at some flats to be refurb, behind the cafe.

The longest tube was 13ft, they also had two harness and little yellow inertia reels so they must be working on a proper site as thats when you would need the harness etc

All the fittings were silver pressed steel , all new,

I had a walk around the area this week but no luck, they must have had a pick up at least, or even a 7.5 tonner.

I also went to the cop shop but they couldnt even spare anyone to see me, not interested in £ 5000 worth of fraud I guess

Let me know if you need any further info, thanks

:eek: :D

Spanners , harness , and impact wrench , in sack

Is this man a Forum Member ????? (beware of litigation before posting)

Top Bottom