Scaffolding - Definition.

E

essex

To get on in scaffolding you must be 1 of the following.

1) Be a total slasher without a care in the world, a real chancer.
2) Be a total brown nose suck ass, and grass to get on.
3) Be a growler and give it to everyone and not give a **** about anything.
4) Be late nearly everyday, turn up when you want and go home early.
and 5

Be in early everyday, do a neat job, dont take piss with breaks, dont go home early, work days and/or nights when asked, weekends, get on with other scaffolders and agents etc, Have all the right qualifications and extra like PTS etc

which 1 are you.

maybe i should start being more like 1-4 and might get on better.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

The majority of scaffolders i have met in the last year or so are 1-4 and only a handful of 5, whats going on with scaffolders in this day and age

No 6,
all of the above and i have never met a scaffolder who is not all of them one day or another,
scoffs who get on their high horse who think they are better than that,(best in the world bullish!t) are all full of sh!t, because ALL i have met, worked with and managed have been 1 to 5 one day or another and i have worked with all sorts.

rule No !. all scaffs are tossers and that includes myself :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Well Dal, you know what i am... and THATS why i will never got on.

Try to be a 5 as best I can. Fully agree it's usually the 1-4's who get on. " the squeaky wheel always gets the oil as they say ".

Its something that i have come to accept, though i dont agree with it.

Your face either fits or it dont.
I dont matter how good you are at your job, how reliable you are, how loyal you are, how hardworking you are... If your face DOES NOT FIT then you are f.ucked.

Simple...

I think that useless c.unts get on, as its always the useless c.unts who become the Managers/Supervisors (not always, i know but it seem that this is usually the case) and they see the decent blokes as a threat and they can relate with the shiit-c.unts, as they used to be one themsleves whilst there was on the tools.

And the sad thing is, is there is absolutely nothing you can do about it...

i think i'd say , 1, 4 , and 5, i think some people start as a 5, then become a 1 or 4 or both, so yeah 1,4 and 5

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

no , i take that back im now 3 and 5 abit of both, although thats proabaly a bit of a contradiction , but ive a split personality, monday wednesday and friday a 5, tuesday and thursday a 3

i think youd find that people who are 1 and 4 are also massive ***** who will hit the number 5 with a 2ft butt, when they open their mouths, i know ive met plenty of these 1 and 4 people and dodged a few tubes here and there

1, 2, 3, and 4 on the list are just c.unts who pretend that they are real Scaffolders...

Real Scaffolders dont need to grass, dont need to slash, dont need to suck arse and dont need to bully everyone, as they are good, capable and confident enough to do their work properly and take pride in it.

yes , definetly, all scaffs should be recalled to a centre and there should be psychological profiles done on people , and we could weed out the 1 to 4 people and eventually we'd all be a number 5 , and then maybe we could move on and sort out these banks and the economic crisis an things like that , mmmm.....

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

jason im assuming u use t+f and in england or maybe offshore , but im wondering if u are aware that NASC/CISRS have now decided that a part 2 t+f scaff would now need to pay £365 for a 2 day kwikstage course if he wanted to go on a site that was using yellow jelly, and the same with cuplok and other systems , i want as many people as possible to know this and phone them or send emails, ive worked in england afew times at bae in barra , also worked milton keynes , so i dont know how much system work is done in england but what im saying is a definite fact , that companies are gonna enforce very soon if not already , its happening in scotland right now , ive told a few people already who have phoned CISRS training centre in glasgow to complain and there being told , thats just the way it is , THIS IS NOT RIGHT AND ALL SCAFFS NEED TO HASSLE THEM AT THE VERY LEAST ,

Thats not anything to do with this topic though is it...?

Its not fair that ANYONE can put up System and even then, they are going to make qualified Scaffolders sit an extra course. Its a complete piss take tbh and another way to screw a few quid out of us - the working man.

But that dont excuse the fact that alot, infact a hell of alot of modern day Scaffolder are f.ucking shiit.
They feel the need to grass and shiit stir to get on and that is also a major factor that killing our trade... there just too many c.unts turning a spanner nowadays.

ok yeah i know thats not the conversation , i just want people to know , as it will affect a lot of people

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

id say whats killing our trade is what im talking about

Top Bottom