Scaffolding at sea

I dont know what all the fuss is the job sounds PLAIN SAILING to me
could have been a good wee number shame you had to WAVE it bye bye.I can SEA were your reasons as you dont want it ending up a right old argy BARGEy;)

You could have been CRUISING with this job as long as the right TENDER was there. Looks like its been SCUTTLED now.

Just tie into the yard arms and ships ladders! I work on navy ships all the time and do masts all the time! Plenty of places to tie I !

there are no ladders on this one or yard arms, we too work on ships all the time, I'd of imagined yours are a bit more interesting than our dredgers and ferrys though.

the bottom is 26ft wide the top around 16ft wide in a pyramid type shape all flat steel no lugs, no welding allowed, not allowed in front of the mast at all which is where any kind of tie could be found including ladder. Not really your usual type of mast as i agree most masts have more tieing points than ever needed. if it wasnt sailing it wouldnt be an issue,

Wot about making a bigger base? Then tie into the ship the tieing back to that?

A butress of that size creates its own problems and would probably impede the passenger deck below not to mention the cost of it. Like i said they wanted for a few hundred not tens of thousands

aye thats what we came up with earlier but it didnt go any further because when the captain heard of what was going to be involved he said they would probably wait till drydock.

Like i said mate it's a dry dock job. It will have a Feckin radar on top of it and you don't want to get ya ball's fried riding that bitch. what's the job for? Painting? They use a Bosuns's chair. Don't they?

Anything is Possible

I believe nothing is impossible, (as long as you have a design)

Call Chris Burch from Tubular Techniques 3D Ltd.

He has designed for us, solutions that others said was impossible !!

I believe nothing is impossible, (as long as you have a design)

Call Chris Burch from Tubular Techniques 3D Ltd.

He has designed for us, solutions that others said was impossible !!

He posted this in July mate. I think that ship has sailed.:laugh:

Top Bottom