Scaffolding as a career move ??

TONYRED

Reaction score
Hello lads, hope your all keeping busy . Im after a bit of honest feedback and advice really. I have been in construction as a floor layer for over 15 years now. I have been un employed for over 12 months. The flooring trade has been struggling for a few years now and its not getting any better. The arse has fell out of the game big time now. I have a family and two young kids that i need to support. I have been offered a course to do scaffolding part 2 diploma course. My questions are is this qualification enough to get into the trade ? Is there plenty of work out there ? What sort of money can you expect to earn ? I am 37 years young, physically fit and a hard grafter. I need to change my career as its gone to **** and need to support the family. Cheers to all replies lads.

From what I hear the whole construction industry is on a downer. There are hundreds of scaffolders looking for work, the rates are less than 20 years ago.It hasnt helped with the government providing funding for training as an already over subscribed industry is being flooded with more "qualified" people weekly.

Welcome tony,part 2 diploma?not sure what this is mate,but you need cisrs tickets,nothing else will do.

hi the arse as gone out of scaffolding ive been at it 43 year and feeling it(bodyly)theres been a lot of changes ,and the werst is money its all gone

Last edited:
Top Bottom