Scaffolders??? Why are so many not worth a rub??

Well said, you don't want to be putting boys off from trying it. I spent a few years in the rig yards before going out there and still had a lot to learn. Let the supervisor know and you will be looked after.

I'm not sure what some of our lads would have done if the mobile phone hadn't been invented. They would have had to find another way to spend 2-3 hours a day not working

i reckon there must be loads of part 2's out there who havent been higher than 6 lifts and have never built a birdcage or a saddle apart from when they done their training.. (especially in scotland) and these same people want to then go get their survival and go offshore , and moan about how do i get my first trip , somebody give me a chance, blah blah blah..

and this situation wont change woodsy , as long as theirs plenty would be scaffs wanting training , who can soon get their training on credit , :weird:

part 1 Scotland (aberdeen) erect saddles on a daily basis... just sayin :toung:

Got to be honest Wayne, it's the same here.

i reckon there must be loads of part 2's out there who havent been higher than 6 lifts and have never built a birdcage or a saddle apart from when they done their training.. (especially in scotland) and these same people want to then go get their survival and go offshore , and moan about how do i get my first trip , somebody give me a chance, blah blah blah..

and this situation wont change woodsy , as long as theirs plenty would be scaffs wanting training , who can soon get their training on credit , :weird:

Got to be honest Wayne, it's the same here.

not sayin theyve all bin spot on likes, plasterer was p**sed off last week when he went to do his chimney and the iside board was too close! oops:embarrest:

scaffolding is scaffolding and as long as you can plumb and level then with a wee bit of guidance you will be ok.
there are some great scaffolders who have never left the street,you do do hangers in towns ive cantilevered out through the top floor of multis in the town hung off bridges etc its just your luck if your with a company that gets that kind of work.if your throughing up yellow jelly for kit houses you are still a scaff in my eyes anyway.
LEAVE THE PHONES IN THE CAR IS MY ADVISE TO ALL YOUNG GUNS WANTING TO LEARN AND EARN;)

Well said, you don't want to be putting boys off from trying it. I spent a few years in the rig yards before going out there and still had a lot to learn. Let the supervisor know and you will be looked after.

I think its great for guys to experience the many different parts of scaffolding life. I was fortunate to have worked offshore, rig yards, street, major construction, formwork and power/petrochem jobs. Some guys I know have spent 40 years with the same company doing house fronts, shops etc. Not knocking them but they say variety is the spice of life!!!

jason there is someone on another thread more or less implying you arent worth a rub.I.M he says he worked with you.
GET READY BOYS ITS SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER COMING SOON

jason there is someone on another thread more or less implying you arent worth a rub.I.M he says he worked with you.
GET READY BOYS ITS SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER COMING SOON

Im not. Im useless.
Totally.

I just imagine having to show 'experienced' blokes how to tie tubes off and imagine people disappearing to the toilet 5, no 6 times a day...
Must be all that bottled mineral water im drinking, lol.

Those videos: Ill come clean... im actually an eccentric millionaire who pays a few Scaffolders to put all those jobs up, then i sneak onto site and pretend im an actual Scaffolder. :eek:

Cats outta thebag now eh? lol.

Im not. Im useless.
Totally.

I just imagine having to show 'experienced' blokes how to tie tubes off and imagine people disappearing to the toilet 5, no 6 times a day...
Must be all that bottled mineral water im drinking, lol.

Those videos: Ill come clean... im actually an eccentric millionaire who pays a few Scaffolders to put all those jobs up, then i sneak onto site and pretend im an actual Scaffolder. :eek:

Cats outta thebag now eh? lol.

lend us 20, 000 jason :laugh: i think your quite clever mate lets be honnest there isnt many that dont no jason gibbs and your work seems good from what i can see. people and firms paye a fortune to advertise its cost you nothing mate.

You are needing a lot more than him Phil, unfortunately.

Calm before the storm at the moment AOM , but iam top of it at the moment got workshy under house arrest, trouble is these lads all live within spitting distance of each other.
Just hope that they enough sense not to start something that will get real messy real quick

Glad to hear it, no real pearls of wisdom here as I have never had to deal with anything similar. Nice to hear Workshy is under house arrest.

Top Bottom