scaffolders suppliments !

frank111

Reaction score
Its a different world these days , scaffolding is the hardest trade by far , in any given day you can be lying on you belly , upside down , hanging by your b.ollocks , humping gears like camels , climbing upside down , and thats not even on pricework .Its a proven fact that taking protein shakes after or during work helps your body , creatine is proven to help with strength , and maintaining our bodies is paramount in this business , 40 quid a month and you wont feel sore in the morning , no aches and pains and you get stronger , do the old scaff use the stuff , if not why not , just general thouhts please !:idea:

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

id love to see a scaffs health section on here , maybe offers on differnt things like protein etc , mabe a phisiotherapist , different ailments , disscussions about treatments etc ,, as my old granny used to say , if you have your health , you have your wealth !

Arthritis and RSI's are the most common ailments Frank.

Its a different world these days , scaffolding is the hardest trade by far , in any given day you can be lying on you belly , upside down , hanging by your b.ollocks , humping gears like camels , climbing upside down , and thats not even on pricework .Its a proven fact that taking protein shakes after or during work helps your body , creatine is proven to help with strength , and maintaining our bodies is paramount in this business , 40 quid a month and you wont feel sore in the morning , no aches and pains and you get stronger , do the old scaff use the stuff , if not why not , just general thouhts please !:idea:

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

id love to see a scaffs health section on here , maybe offers on differnt things like protein etc , mabe a phisiotherapist , different ailments , disscussions about treatments etc ,, as my old granny used to say , if you have your health , you have your wealth !

nar nowt like this just about 4 5 of these
95000826b6e311e1ab011231381052c0_6.jpg

rotting the fek out of my teeth like

scaff u watch that stuff , its supposed to be behind all the football lads that are takin heart attack etc , , and did ya know theres bulls piss in it ,,,, google taurine mate ;]

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

repetative strain injuries , im a walking testament to that buddy , system is all shoulders , i find tubing is all arms and wrists , its a valid point though , a tea spoon on creatine in the morning and after a week yo will see and feel stronger and its all natural , theres alot of the old hands taking it now over here !

what ya tryin to say fish lol

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

whens the last time ya had a tool belt on fish ?:blink1:

3 cans of relentless for me-even the young guns cant keep up lololo

Its all bout Glucosamine repairs the joints in older lads , and re-places the cartalidge and stops all the joints clicking i swear by it , available almost every where these days i get mine from Holland and Barrat , not cheap but well worth it

Frank are you on commision

You do NOT need "protein shakes" to stay healthy, just a balanced diet,

"All foods made from meat, poultry, seafood, beans and peas, eggs, processed soy products, nuts, and seeds are considered part of the Protein Foods Group."

The biggest cause of injury to scaffolders,both acute and chronic, is bad Manual Handling

its helpin jigga , i guarentee any older man say over 50 pays decent money for creatine he will be better off within 2 weeks , as ya say there is alot of ***** on the market , whatage are you jigga ??

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

older scaffs can benefit mate , your bdy stops making creatine at a certain age , yes you get it from steaks etc , but if i havent been on price for a while i take protein for the first wek to help with the repairing of my body !

what ya tryin to say fish lol

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

whens the last time ya had a tool belt on fish ?:blink1:

Haha,not you ******** frank,i mean in general,and no my spanners are defo off for the forseeable:cool:

im not on commission rigger , its a valid point mate , !

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

do ya not miss it mate ;]

creatine is filled with sh1t mate few guys down
the gym have few horror stories about that,wouldnt put it anywere near my body!get up and get on with your work is what i say,everyones sore but gotta put bread on the table

Haha,not you ******** frank,i mean in general,and no my spanners are defo off for the forseeable:cool:

i find it easier to bang a shake jigga , i dont do it all the time , just when ya have to move up the gears ,, il be 70 on my next birthday so it help buddy :sad:

im not on commission rigger , its a valid point mate , !

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

do ya not miss it mate ;]

I do miss some of it,a healthy mix of spanners and office would be good,but it does'nt work out like that;)

wait till ya get to pension age fish , ya gotta keep a twinkle in yje eye ,,, can ya still get it up fish ?

Top 10 Foods Highest in Protein

1995 182 270 107

Protein is a macro nutrient composed of amino acids that is necessary for the proper growth and function of the human body. While the body can manufacture several amino acids required for protein production, a set of essential amino acids needs to be obtained from animal and/or vegetable protein sources. There is considerable debate over the amount of protein a person needs to consume per day, the current recommended daily intake (RDI) of protein is 46 grams for women aged 19-70 and 56 grams for men aged 19-70. Any excess protein consumed is turned into energy by the body, and it is controversial whether this excess protein causes a strain on the liver. A deficiency in protein leads to muscle atrophy, and impaired functioning of the human body in general. Below is a list of foods with the highest protein density, for more information, see the sections on other protein rich foods, low calorie high protein snacks, and protein isolates.

#1: Cheese
Of all cheeses low sodium Parmesan cheese provides the most protein with 41.6 grams per 100 gram serving. It is followed by regular whole Parmesan at 35.8 grams of protein per 100 grams. That is 10 grams of protein per ounce, and 3.6 grams per cubic inch. Other cheeses like Romano, Mozzarella, and Swiss provide around 28-30 grams of protein per 100 gram serving. Softer cream cheeses, or spreadable cheeses, provide the least protein with only 16 grams per 100 gram serving.
Click to see complete nutrition facts. Cheeses Highest in Protein.

#2: Mature (Large) Beans
The older, larger, and more mature a bean gets the more protein it carries. Mature roasted soybeans have the most providing 39.6 grams of protein per 100 gram serving, or 68 grams per cup. They are followed by mature Lupin beans which provide 15.6 grams per 100 gram serving. That is 25.8 grams per cup.
Click to see complete nutrition facts. Beans and legumes highest in protein.

#3: Lean Veal and Beef
To get the most protein out of meat, it is best to choose lean cuts. Specifically the top round of veal or beef provides around 36 grams of protein per 100 gram serving, or 93 grams per pound (uncooked), and 31 grams in a 3 ounce serving.
Click to see complete nutrition facts.

#4: Roasted Pumpkin, Squash, and Watermelon Seeds
A popular food in the Middle East and East Asia pumpkin and squash seeds provide 33 grams of protein per 100g serving, that is 74.8 grams per cup and 9.2 grams per ounce. Watermelon seeds provide slightly less at 28 grams of protein per 100 gram serving. If you can't find these seeds in your local supermarket you will surely find them in Middle Eastern or East Asian specialty stores. Alternatively, you can also save any pumpkin, squash, and watermelon seeds you have and roast them in your oven. The seeds are typically consumed by cracking the outer shell and eating the seed inside.
Click to see complete nutrition facts. Seeds and Nuts with the Fewest Calories.

#5: Lean Meats (Chicken, Lamb, Pork, Turkey)
Most lean meats provide around 30 grams of protein (30%) in a 100 gram serving. Chicken broilers have the most with 32.8 grams of protein per 100 gram serving, which is 46 grams per cup, and 27 grams in half a chicken breast. Pork loin and chops have 30 grams per 100 gram serving or 19.2 grams of protein per chop.

#6: Fish (Tuna, Anchovies, Salmon)
Fish are becoming more popular as knowledge spreads on the value of their fats and oils. As for protein Yellowfin Tuna provides the most with 30 grams per 100 gram serving, or about 8 grams per ounce. It is followed by Anchovies(29g), Salmon(27g), Halibut(27g), Snapper(26g), and Tilapia(26g).

#7: Fish Eggs (Roe and Caviar)
Caviar and fish eggs are most often eaten as a garnish or spread. A sampling of fish roe (eggs) from a variety of species found they provide 28.6 grams of protein in a 100 gram serving. That is 8 grams of protein per ounce. Caviar will provide 24 grams of protein in a 100 gram serving or 6.9 grams per ounce. Chicken eggs, by comparison, only offer 13.6 grams of protein in a 100 gram serving, or 6.3 grams of protein per egg.

#8: Yeast Extract Spread (aka: Marmite)
Yeast extract spreads are popular in Britain and Europe, and have started to gain popularity in the U.S. A good vegan source of vitamin B12, the spread also packs a lot of protein. One hundred grams provides 27.8 grams of protein, that is 1.7 grams per teaspoon.

#9: Lobster and Crab
Crab and lobster are most commonly served baked, steamed, or in bisque. A 100g serving of lobster contains 26.4 grams of protein, or 43 grams per lobster. Crab provides a little less with 19.4 grams per 100 gram serving.

#10: Lentils, Pulses, and Peanuts
Lentils, pulses, and peanuts (a legume) are a great vegan source of protein. Peanuts provide the most protein with 23.7 grams per 100 gram serving or 6.6 grams per ounce, 0.2 grams per peanut. Lentils provide the most protein when consumed raw at 25.8 grams per 100 gram serving, and 9 grams per 100g serving cooked (17.9 grams of protein per cup). Click to see complete nutrition facts.

Read more at Top 10 Foods Highest in Protein

Last edited:
cod live roil and glucosomate does it for me.I dont need any other shiit.
yes i do get sore but hard work isnt called hardwork because tis easy.
i know were you are coming from Frank and if it works for you good on ye

Top Bottom