scaffolders moisturizer,

g-scaff

Reaction score
The 2 young labourers who work with us have just returned from a part 1 course in Wales. Whilst telling some funny stories of their travels, [ putting moisturizer in a sleeping mates ear ], i asked who had the moisturizer in their room. both held their hands up. Now am I being naive or just showing ny age, or are the labourers showing gay tendencies. opinions welcome.

seems to be the young uns that put this stuff on nowadays.nowt like a hand with grown in gloves,:D fekin poooofters.they will know about it when they get a tube with cement on it,that they drop.my step son puts it on like a girl.hands,face.:eek:

Nothing surprises me anymore in this game, remember before we had to wear gloves they told us to use barrier cream on our hands, use of sun block is been encouraged on some sites to prevent skin cancer and your not allowed to work bare chested for the same reason. Dont know about moisturizer cream, maybe its the new anti wrinkle PPE.

I use it on me kanckers when I shave em !
The old trouser snake is as slippery as fcuk when you go for a slash !

i use it, i'm 42 and still fukcing gorgeous, so keep on using it boys, its the ugly tw@ts that take the p1ss;)

been useing oil ulay for years and ive had more birds than hot dinners well used too:embarrest:got to kill those crows feet some how lol!!!!!

You want to see it offshore you cant get moved for beauty products in the bathrooms massive soap bags full of the *****..LOL

been useing oil ulay for years and ive had more birds than hot dinners well used too:embarrest:got to kill those crows feet some how lol!!!!!

You Tart Dico :laugh::laugh: your the only scaff i know that rings up to ask what aftershave your taking when working away, so as not to clash.:nuts:

only cream i put on is when youve got ballchaff with the sweating espichally when its far too hot lol

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

how do you do a cv on the computer lads as im want to get a few out any tips would be grateful not too good on this thing i used to fax them but much better if i could email them, cheers pikey ;)

It has never been easier to get free CV templates and samples that you can download or use from the Internet. Hundreds of websites offer free CV templates but many job seekers that have used them were disappointed with the lack of positive responses from the potential employers.

These samples or templates normally look alike, which makes it difficult for recruiters to distinguish between the candidates. The original CV stands out among the thousands of pre-formatted CVs.

Disadvantages

Considering the fact that your CV is your introduction or even distant answer to possible interview questions, then you should try to stand out. Most of the preformatted CVs don't offer you this opportunity.

You can use a sample if you only use the basic outline and advice, but you must be creative and changes fonts, colors and where needed, make changes to the layout to fit your application.

When can you use free CV templates? Use the samples or templates when you have just graduated or don't have experience in job searching. You can even use the templates when you have written several resumes without success. The samples should be used to get an understanding of what recruiters look for, the type of information that should be includes and excluded, as well as proper style and format guidelines. Create your own CV after you have practiced with some of the free CV templates.

Advantages

•It provides insight to what tools and writing styles the other work seekers will use; thus the standard. Always aim higher than the standard.
•It provides an outline of the format so that the recruiter can find the relevant information at a glance.
•It can be used as a guideline to what information is needed and what the current trend in job applications is.
The recruiter will judge you on the appearance of you CV. If it lacks signs of originality and creative thinking, you may not get the interview even when you are the best candidate for the job.

Most recruiters have piles of CVs to evaluate and have limited time for the assessment. They normally scan through the stack of resumes or CVs and throw out anything that is not interesting enough. Only the shortlist bunch gets a second look. The whole process is based on the content, format, lay-out and originality. It is thus worth the effort to be original.

4 Stages of CV Evaluation

1. The first glance

A recruiter will glance at the first page of each CV and if it seems worth keeping, he will also have a quick look at the second page. The longest CVs normally end up in the bin unless a full history of the candidate is required. The CV must be three or less pages. CVs without an introduction or quick summary of the candidate and the skills or relevant qualifications also get a place in the trash can. Long descriptive paragraphs and sentences earmark the CV for the bin. Poor formatting and grammar mistakes are also frowned upon. After the first glance there are usually only a third of the CVs left.

2. The second glance

If your CV made it to this point, you already have a 30% chance of getting to the interview. The recruiter has another look at each CV to establish whether the applicant's skills, qualifications, career history and motivation match the job requirements. The recruiter must be able to identify this from the first page of the resume or CV.

3. The in-depth look

The remaining CV's are scanned and then matched with all the criteria. The CV's are not thrown out any longer but the best possible candidates are picked.

4. The final examination

It is only at this stage that the recruiter examines the content from the rest of the CV in more detail and is looking for those skills, signs of innovative thinking, leadership, trustworthiness, and specific achievements that make the candidate right for the specific job.

You as the candidate, must ensure that your CV survives the elimination stages and still stands out enough to get the interview. The free CV templates are useful in determining what the standard is and what you should change. Your first page is the ticket to the final pile, the rest of the content and lay-out determines whether you get the interview. After consideration of the above, it should be obvious that free CV templates can only be guidelines and nothing more.

Hope this helps
Paddy

hahaha!!! i though it was supposed to be easy to do a cv lol!!!

:nuts:
only cream i put on is when youve got ballchaff with the sweating espichally when its far too hot lol

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

how do you do a cv on the computer lads as im want to get a few out any tips would be grateful not too good on this thing i used to fax them but much better if i could email them, cheers pikey ;)

I liked this one XXIANXX did a while back, very similar to the way mine is laid out,http://www.scaffoldersforum.com/scaffolding-jobs/245-cv-tips.html

type it all up on microsoft word or similar save file to docs and your good to go, if you need anymore help just ask.

PS hows the rash:nuts:

the rash is no bad jackdan but the ring stings worse lol thanks for the info paddy

Aye m8 the old Chinese toothache is a mare, go to the shop and buy a box of puck match's perfect size for putting a flying shore between your arsecheeks.:D:D:D works for me i now have a Advanced ticket for matchstick building, Rizla has approached me to be my sponser.:nuts:

Top Bottom