Scaffolders in Central London today

Rail Union leader Bob Crow has died of a massive heart attack.

So it was blocked tubes that finally killed him, oh the irony.

Rail Union leader Bob Crow has died of a massive heart attack.

So it was blocked tubes that finally killed him, oh the irony.
He'd be pi££ed off if he got to the pearly gates with his oyster card and they were shut, all the angels on strike cus there closing the kiosks, that would teach him.

Fuckin shut up mate welcome to London Town we aren't all dedicated to the feet off hse. You can't tell us mate. Time is money!'

Nice tidy looking bit of street work and the lads look more then capable of what their doing to me.
I must admit though it would not be hard to clip the poxy harness on until you got the handrail on.

What is wrong with you grass life and scaffolding is hard enough without you taking photos of hard working scaffs doing what they do best what a cracking job them boys have done why dont you lot stop all this, life's hard and i should know 78 now scaffolding
has been part of my whole life,Help each other get on, we have all done this and if you say you've not your a fcking liar.And i hope them boys see you in the cafe one morning lets see where your camera is then.

At the end of the day we've all done it and let's be honest still do if we can get away with it so why slag the guys off?

No ones slagging them off , if I could get away with it I would , I think the step is more dangerous than not having a handrail

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

In london, with no fuucking handrail or cliped on and all the ledger joints in the same bay.

I've just noticed all ledger joints in same bay , that's a pretty basic mistake

its all ok until there's an accident. Then somebody has to pay .No body is slagging anybody off, we are just saying that in 2014 you're not allowed to work like this who ever you are, regardless of how old or where you are from. If you don't like that ,take it up with the HSE.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

No ones slagging them off , if I could get away with it I would , I think the step is more dangerous than not having a handrail

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

I've just noticed all ledger joints in same bay , that's a pretty basic mistake
If the handrails above are staggered its ok.

its all ok until there's an accident. Then somebody has to pay .No body is slagging anybody off, we are just saying that in 2014 you're not allowed to work like this who ever you are, regardless of how old or where you are from. If you don't like that ,take it up with the HSE.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

If the handrails above are staggered its ok.

Ledgers should still be staggered front and back

Ledgers should still be staggered front and back
joints in ledgers at the same lift and in adjacent lifts should not normally occur in the same bay. However, the absence of a joint in the guard rail in any bay may be accepted as giving sufficient continuity to the scaffold to permit joints in the ledgers above and below it in the same bay. TG20:13

joints in ledgers at the same lift and in adjacent lifts should not normally occur in the same bay. However, the absence of a joint in the guard rail in any bay may be accepted as giving sufficient continuity to the scaffold to permit joints in the ledgers above and below it in the same bay. TG20:13

That's true.

I recently read a feature article in 'What Scaffold?' magazine about ledger staggering.

That's true.

I recently read a feature article in 'What Scaffold?' magazine about ledger staggering.
You read it too, I thought I was the only one ! I especially liked the bit about staggering joints on a budget !

Yea I saw that, sounds good but I'm waiting for the May edition "how to build the worlds biggest staircase" in three easy steps.not dissing the free head lamp though, it's just where we live we have electricity so it's pointless for me. If you live in Algeria it could be useful though.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Now you're just being silly.
Remind me again, what's a skidoon ?

Top Bottom