Scaffolders in Central London today

cant really notice the faults with not staggering
as far as no handrail or hooked on SO WHAT ;)
its what we all use to do and sometimes still do:eek:

What you should have done is shouted a loud Cooee from the street and signalled for the scaffolders to descend to ground level preferably utilising a properly erected ladder access rather than climbing down the façade braces.
Once they reached terra firma you should then fully explain the WAH regs to them and point out that not only are they putting their lives at risk but also risking being fined.
Obviously before embarking on this course of action you will have inserted a gumshield and already telephoned for an ambulance.

I'm not one to criticise anyone , but it only takes a health an safety ******** to see it an there bang to rights
Nice tidy job though
And a nasc member as well

If you're not criticising, why have you taken a picture and posted it on the internet?

Those lads could get sacked over this.

I'm not one to criticise anyone , but it only takes a health an safety ******** to see it an there bang to rights
Nice tidy job though
And a nasc member as well

And there is a lot more chance of a health and safety ********* seeing it on here.
The HSE, CIA, MFI and TGIF monitor this forum as well as Al Quaida.

Course they won't get sacked over this , I haven't named the company or said where it was
Pretty easy to drive down Great Portland street ( signs in the picture) and see who's erecting a scaffold on the Hotel there as there will be a big lorry full of scaffolding with the company name on it. Should have an advanced handrail though, I agree with that , its a bit public to be flouting the regs.

Last edited:
Pretty easy to drive down Great Portland street ( signs in the picture) and see who's erecting a scaffold on the Hotel there as there will be a big lorry full of scaffolding with the company name on it. Should have an advanced handrail though, I agree with that , its a bit public to be flouting the regs.

Lol , fookin useless ain't i

Lol , fookin useless ain't i
If they'd been doing everything properly they wouldn't have to worry would they. Trouble is their employer will be the ones who have to prove they have the relevant training , harness register, sg4:10 training signed method and risk adequate supervision bla bla bla. If that's in order then the scaffs will be getting a fine of the HSE for not complying with the Health and safety at work act , could get a 5k fine for that.

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Could be anywhere in London. Those Villandry caffs are on every high street like MacDonalds. At least we can hope the lads aint popping in for a couple of bottles of Chateau Lynch Bages 1990 for lunch.
Fair point Fred, there's nothing like quaffing champers and truffles in the truck at t break, who needs tea and sarnies.

It's opposite Starbucks on the corner of Weymouth Street and Great Portland Street.

Villandry is not bad for a bit of breakfast.

If they'd been doing everything properly they wouldn't have to worry would they. Trouble is their employer will be the ones who have to prove they have the relevant training , harness register, sg4:10 training signed method and risk adequate supervision bla bla bla. If that's in order then the scaffs will be getting a fine of the HSE for not complying with the Health and safety at work act , could get a 5k fine for that.

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Fair point Fred, there's nothing like quaffing champers and truffles in the truck at t break, who needs tea and sarnies.

Obviously I will make allowances for you Russ. I can see by your location you are probably more au fait with a pint of mild than a fine wine. Chateau Lynch-Bages 1990 is a classic Bordeaux and retails at about 350 quid a bottle. I still have a case in my cellar. I will save a bottle or two for when you and phil181 visit.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

It's opposite Starbucks on the corner of Weymouth Street and Great Portland Street.

If I had known you were in Starbucks I would have "Cooeed" and invited you over.

I'll post later on the subject if there is a RIP thread with regards to scaffolder who fell while working on job job in Great Portland Street. :)

I'll post later on the subject if there is a RIP thread with regards to scaffolder who fell while working on job job in Great Portland Street. :)

Ahhh you cannot beat a good old RIP thread on someone you've never met before.

7u5ydume.jpg

Alright Bert....... Thought we were brought up to look after each other not throw em to the wolves bad move desp :(granted I haven't read whole thread but what was ur intentions if It's not criticising or grassing what are they mate

No ones throwing anyone to the wolves , just highlighting how easy it is to get caught out so easily these days , even on a site my blokes are getting caught out all the time by not just getting your safe zone up 1st , 1 silly trip an it's all over

Top Bottom