Scaffolders call for licence to work at height

I have read this and i think renewing your card every five years is it. If you work for a NASC company you will be audited every two years anyway.

However if you are in safety and training like we are check this out:

IOSH £127 per year and every three years you need to add in all your continuous professional development

Institute for Learning £60 for all instructors yearly, and they have to state what developments they have done and how many courses they have run.

Scaffolder £26.50 every five years and £17.50 test, no information needed, could have been on the sick, driving a taxi or running a pub.

Ian

Shame the rewards arn't as good for scaffolders as they are for those in health & safety?

I have read this and i think renewing your card every five years is it. If you work for a NASC company you will be audited every two years anyway.

However if you are in safety and training like we are check this out:

IOSH £127 per year and every three years you need to add in all your continuous professional development

Institute for Learning £60 for all instructors yearly, and they have to state what developments they have done and how many courses they have run.

Scaffolder £26.50 every five years and £17.50 test, no information needed, could have been on the sick, driving a taxi or running a pub.

Ian

Does qualfied = copetent ??????????

Qualified: Officially recognized as being trained to perform a particular job; certified

Competence: having the necessary ability, knowledge, or skill to do something successfully

This is from the Oxford English Dictionary, only wording i see different is certified.

I noticed that in the first post that the Gas Installation industry was mentioned. Will this mean that NASC will be pushing for a Scaffolding Safety Register much like the Gas Safety Register.
Also its been mentioned before that you don't hear of many people failing the scaffold courses and the 5 year H&S touch screen test is a joke. The industry standard is poor due to the standard of training IMHO.
I think I can see where all this is leading and thats to a recognised register of scaffolding companies.I just wonder who is going to be wanting to control that register ?????

We have all been officially trained by a recognised body to do a specific job = already qualified surely.
The problem stems from the pen pushers using confusing vague words like competent then

It wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't the case in the UAE and Saudi if only a contact could be established in the Ministry of Interior.:eek:

Just because we are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get us.:worried:

I noticed that in the first post that the Gas Installation industry was mentioned. Will this mean that NASC will be pushing for a Scaffolding Safety Register much like the Gas Safety Register.
Also its been mentioned before that you don't hear of many people failing the scaffold courses and the 5 year H&S touch screen test is a joke. The industry standard is poor due to the standard of training IMHO.
I think I can see where all this is leading and thats to a recognised register of scaffolding companies.I just wonder who is going to be wanting to control that register ?????

GAS SAFE = CISRS
plumbing has no governing body any one can call them self a plumber but to be a gas installer you need to be gas safe registerd but this dosent mean you can do all gas work if you are gas safe registerd you can only do the topics you were tested on eg one for fire one for cooker one for boiler one for meters etc when you do your gas safe registration you have to pick 3 topic to do.
it would be impossable to police this kind of assesment in scaffolding as they all involve the tube and the fittings and what would they be ow am and indapendant/hanger/cantalever. some one eles is indapendant/stack/ hanger you would have to take 1,000's of diffrent assesments to cover all aspects of scaffolding

We are already qualified - NVQ = nationally recognised qualifications
CISRS (CITB) registered and tested every 5 years
Just the wording that will change IMO (hopefully)

GAS SAFE = CISRS
plumbing has no governing body any one can call them self a plumber but to be a gas installer you need to be gas safe registerd but this dosent mean you can do all gas work if you are gas safe registerd you can only do the topics you were tested on eg one for fire one for cooker one for boiler one for meters etc when you do your gas safe registration you have to pick 3 topic to do.
it would be impossable to police this kind of assesment in scaffolding as they all involve the tube and the fittings and what would they be ow am and indapendant/hanger/cantalever. some one eles is indapendant/stack/ hanger you would have to take 1,000's of diffrent assesments to cover all aspects of scaffolding

Gas Safe = Capita Gas Registration and Ancillary Services Limited.

Makes you wonder.

Pushed to get ECITB tickets removed end of 2012.

Now they want to introduce this with no alternatives.

:worried:

All for tighter controls but needs to be applied equally & through a system that is not exclusive.

The whole industry needs an input not just the fat cats!!!!

Ragscaff

Top Bottom