scaffold pricework

agentk

Reaction score
hi

my gaffer is offering us a change from dayrate to price per m for scaffolding

can any of you give me an idea of what the current lin m rates are for labour only ?

our company provides vans / fuel etc if thats a factor

is a guaranteed min daily pay the norm too

thanks in anticipation

hi

my gaffer is offering us a change from dayrate to price per m for scaffolding

can any of you give me an idea of what the current lin m rates are for labour only ?

our company provides vans / fuel etc if thats a factor

is a guaranteed min daily pay the norm too

thanks in anticipation

Morning AGENTK. Ask your boss for a schedule of his proposed rates. You should have different rates for different jobs, i.e birdcages, loading bays, staircases etc. Generally the rate should get better the higher you take the structure too. You'll have to sit down with your oppo and work out splitting the money etc. Also need to look at if he's paying for installing ties, offloading wagons and the like. Remember too, your gaffer isn't doing this out of the kindness of his heart. It means he won't be paying you if you have a poor day at the office. It's probably to benefit him more than you.

to be honest the amount we have to put in jobs these days and working to sg4 65767562856 the price would have to be pretty fooking high for me to consider doing it.will you be paid for step ionspections

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

i think the best secret i've ever heard to price work is amphetamines.... lol :p
tried it and ended up in the bar all day trying to drink myself right

Iv Done Pricework For Years And Can Make More Money Than I Can On A Rate, But You Have To Do As Much As You Possibly Can In A Day, You Cant Fekk Around , If They Say The Gear Will Be There At Eight Then It Has To Be There At Eight (And So Do You)

standard price work is £1 a foot but i packed that ***** in ages ago not worth it if you can get a good hourly rate. But like the lad said above make sure you get travel time, theres no good going to do a job thats an hr away, imagine what u could put up in an hr. Good luck my friend!

I always worked on price work and used to take a job on a lump price all included , i have earned some serious money , been knocked for some serious money , and you will only get paid for work completed so if it hammers the rain and you cant work you dont get paid.
. like allan was saying with all the regulations you need a good price to make money these days , plus all the other things like lorries turning up on time , access , RAMS .
In my opinion your better of on a good day rate if you can get it .

ive been done a few times on price , with sgb i made the mistake of doing too much with interslave i was 19 years old and they just bumped me , so i quit

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

it'd be interesting to see what difference per sq metre up and down the country , some big differences i'd guess

I will be honest mate,sg4 gets thrown out the window a lot on price, around lpool last year it was £3.50 per m going up £1.75 coming down,it takes a very rare man to fully board lifts,use advanced guard rail etc etc all the things that should be adhered to yet not when theirs cash on the line,that's why there's been talk by the hse of a total ban on pricework as it's too tempting to just look at the cash,it's your call mate and I've been on both sides of the line but now I'm out of the fearless years,must admit a drop of fifty quid a week and not pulling my arse out everyday is quite a sunny proposal,I'm trying to be more neck up than neck down in my time of life ;)

Obviously you must be 'cards in' if your boss is offering a min fall back rate, which you will get a wage anyway. Just ask what rate for target you will be getting as well because more than likely it will drop down considerably from your standard hourly rate.

General independent scaffold around a £1.00 per foot and £0.50 a board after your 1st lift [if fully boarded], netting/sheeting/fans are all extras as is excessive carry, travel and waiting time

Remember if you dont work you dont get paid, best of luck

ok , thanks all

so if you were offered £4/m standard scaffold, extra for loading bays, ladder towers, ties etc, £2m stripping and a guaranteed min of £10 /hr, it'd be a good deal ?

Fuk me agent k if you get that call me,just watch them tw@ts with that false birdcage sh1te don't take the cream lol ;) o and always make sure you nail down the table lifts for the pikes,sneaky site agent will try and get two with all the trimmings included in the top lift! But also don't feel let down when you go in with this and your gaffer just pisses himself laughing ;)

Last edited:
Joebag

that's the rates our gaffer is talking, extra for table lifts as well

Top Bottom