Scaffold Inspectors

If a scaffold construction fails the inspection, then the scaffolder is to be blamed. If this happens then surely contractors cant be blamed. So, the contractors must take this issue with the scaffolders.

Depends why it failed

If inside rails are not needed due to the nature of the work then they should have shown on the price as an extra.

The customer decided not to have them!!

It should also be noted on the hand over that the rails were not fitted.

The trades working on the scaffold should then have a method of working due to the rails missing.

Ties would need to be fitted or a design for a buttress or other means to hold the scaffold up. This issue would be down to the scaffold contractor.

If ties were fitted & remove by another trade then this should be reported as a dangerous practice.

Ragscaff

If a scaffold construction fails the inspection, then the scaffolder is to be blamed. If this happens then surely contractors cant be blamed. So, the contractors must take this issue with the scaffolders.

It may well be the case that the scaffolder is in the spotlight should a falure occur but.....
If it can be shown that unauthorised adaptions have taken place since handover or weekly inspection then the contractor is responsible for the scaffold not the scaffolder.
The customer is responsible for the scaffold once handed over. They are also responsible for the 7 day check unless contracted out.

Surprising just how many clients fail to understand that Alan.

I have my own company inspecting scaffolds, the people that work for me are given strict instructions to photograph different elevations of the scaffold then the site agent signs the back he has a copy and I keep a copy for the file. I have had no trouble since I have been in buisness which has been close on 3 years.

Top Bottom