scaffold inspection ticket

dooomf

Reaction score
need sum advice , am looking to do my inspection tickets wheres the best place to do it in glasgow and what course should i do if ther is a few to choose from
cheers

Thers only 2 coures

basic oradvanced

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

CIISRS SCAFFOLD SAFETY IINSPECTIION – BASIC

TARGET GROUP
This course is intended for personsresponsible for inspecting and checking scaffolds for
safe use and for signing certificates and registers in accordance with statutory
regulations .
AIM
The overall aim is to develop in delegates an understanding of scaffold components,
forms of construction and inspection procedures of basic access scaffold and to comply
with current legislation and Codes of Practice.
PRE-REQUISITES
Delegates may include employees from outside the scaffolding industry such as Site
Managers and Agents, Site Engineers, Health & Safety Professionals etc.
DURATION
2 days
OBJECTIVES
On successful completion of the course delegates will be able to:-
• Identify and inspect tubes, boards, ladders, gin wheels, ropes and fittings correctly
• State the main requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, the
construction (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1996, Work at Height
Regulations 2005 and codes of practice relating to scaffolding
• Identify the construction requirements common to all scaffolds to include: -
• Foundations
• Scaffold Framework
• Platforms, handrails and toe boards
• Ladder Access
• Carry out inspections and fault identification on access scaffolds
• Complete and maintain reports in accordance with current statutory
provision
ASSESSMENT
Assessment will be carried our using practical and written tests

CERTIFICATION
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a CISRS certificate

CIISRS SCAFFOLD SAFETY INSPECTIION – ADVANCED

TARGET GROUP
The training is intended for persons responsible for inspecting complex scaffolds, hold a
CISRS Basic Inspection Card or a CISRS Scaffolder card and who are required to
complete reports in accordance with Work at Height Regulations 2005.
AIM
The overall aim is to develop in delegates an understanding of the appropriate safety
regulations and the ability to interpret design specifications and statutory regulations
when inspecting complex/design scaffolding structures for faults.
DURATION
2 days
OBJECTIVES
On successful completion of the course delegates will be able to:-
• State the relevant legislative requirements for scaffold inspection
• Interpret Scaffold design drawings for inspection purposes.
....and will be able to inspect and record the findings of such an inspection for:
• A basic scaffolding design scaffold
• Two-way shore
• Raking Shore
• Slung Scaffold
• Staircase Scaffold
• Temporary ramps
• Cantilever drop
ASSESSMENT
Assessment will be carried our using practical and written tests
CERTIFICATION
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a CISRS certificate

cheers teeside looks like basic is the one il do for now

If you got the experience in scaffolding go for your advance inspection, you will probably know more than the site agents & managers on the course,

Not certain

but I think they have shut the door on the assessed route (Advanced Scaffolder say) taking the advanced inspection course.

belive all new candidates must first do the Basic Inspector course, before the advanced course

as I said may be wrong

am gonna phone up see wot the deal is, if a can go straight to advanced , was on a job the day wher the site agent was tryin to tell me how to do a job , was tryin to tell him scaffold wouldnt take the weight he was puttin on it but he knows best so when its his name on the tag itll be a diff story when it collapses ha ha cheers lads for the info

Not certain

but I think they have shut the door on the assessed route (Advanced Scaffolder say) taking the advanced inspection course.

belive all new candidates must first do the Basic Inspector course, before the advanced course

as I said may be wrong

You're correct their Rigger, I recently did the advanced SITS course & the course Instructor said that CISRS were knocking lads back for their advanced inspection cards if they could not provide proof of competing the basic in house inspection course. (makes you wonder tho??? why training providers let lads do the advanced inspection course with out already acquiring the basic inspection course.:notrust:

yes you have got to do basic before advanced inspection card all about money

I thought having an advanced card qualified you to inspect any scaffold covered by your card. Why would an advanced scaffolder need to do an inspection course?

Good point and perfectly valid. An advanced scaffolder with nvq level 3 has proved competency in erecting, dismantling, altering and inspection of basic and complex scaffolding structures. The reason you have to complete the inspection training is so that training centres, such as Simian, above, and NASC can sell more of their products and make more profit.
To put an argument forward where a competent person cannot inspect a scaffold but is ok to erect it etc is a ridiculous statement and an insult to the scaffolders who must have a minimum of 18 months experience, 4 weeks training and prove competency before being qualified.
Furthermore, the inspection course does NOT prove competency and this is required by health and safety legislation so, in fact, anyone who employs someone to inspect a scaffold without proof of competency could be committing an offense.
Of course, CISRS will not tell you this but it is a fact that in UK there are hundreds of people inspecting scaffolds who cannot prove competency.

So true Kevin. I done a basic and believe it gave me a better understanding of scaffolding,but then again I was never more than a basic scaffolder. Its a bit like an mot inspector, trained to fault find but knowing zilch about car mechanics. Fault finding being the essence of the course

It learns you things about the inspection side of the job, your not taught on a scaff course, but as always its all about tickets these days, so its worth doing..

Sorry Deb, must disagree with that. If you complete a scaffolder training course and you are not able to inspect the scaffolds then you should fail the course. It doesn't make sense does it?. How can you be competent to erect a scaffold if you cannot identify any faults or concerns with that scaffold. It is the same if we turn this statement around. how could anyone be sure a scaffold is fit for use if they don't know how it should be erected.

You should be more confident. you have the experience and skills to erect, alter and dismantle these scaffolds. a definition of competent once defined by a judge stated; A competent person is one who has the necessary, "Skills, knowledge and experience". It is my opinion that only 2 persons fit this definition. 1. Scaffolder and 2. Structural engineer. even the structural engineer is debatable as they might not have the experience. you are a skilled person and don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

Gents,

You might want to check out the statement made by the NASC 8th July 2009, which recognises that Basic and Advanced Scaffolders are considered by the NASC to be competent to inspect scaffold structures covered within the scope of the training scheme, respectively. The statement also refers to CISRS Supervisors being suitable to inspect Basic scaffolds.

In simple terms 'If you're competent to put it up - you're competent to inspect it'.

Of course some clients will still demand inspectors to hold a evidence of scaffold inspection training and CISRS/SITS Basic & Advanced is becoming the nationally standard.

If you can't find the statement on the NASC website (NASC - National Access and Scaffolding Confederation) then drop us a line and we will email it by return (info@simian-risk.com).

Regards,

Simian Risk

I agree, but the adv inspection course does cover a lot more paperwork... I know this because I have sent out loads of my scafftag template to people on here... who some of are adv scaffs... I have adv scaff and adv inspection, so am only commenting because I've done both... it may be a money spinner but thats how things are..

Gents,

You might want to check out the statement made by the NASC 8th July 2009, which recognises that Basic and Advanced Scaffolders are considered by the NASC to be competent to inspect scaffold structures covered within the scope of the training scheme, respectively. The statement also refers to CISRS Supervisors being suitable to inspect Basic scaffolds.

In simple terms 'If you're competent to put it up - you're competent to inspect it'.

Of course some clients will still demand inspectors to hold a evidence of scaffold inspection training and CISRS/SITS Basic & Advanced is becoming the nationally standard.

If you can't find the statement on the NASC website (NASC - National Access and Scaffolding Confederation) then drop us a line and we will email it by return (info@simian-risk.com).

Regards,

Simian Risk

As you know i am one of the ones that is a Ecitb Advanced scaffolder, i did the Basic Scaffold Inspection course in 2007 with UTN Training and then a refresher course with Cape in 2009 can you tell me am i competent to inspect only Basic scaffold as i have done a course or advanced as in drawing jobs that i put up anyway, and also how long does the ticket last for, i have a certificate from UTN with no expiry date.

Think it lasts 4 yrs, then refresher.. if you do the basic, you can inspect basic scaffolds..

Top Bottom