Scaffold Design considering lifting by Crane

madnan1219

Reaction score
Hi,

Can any body suggest me how to lift scaffolding which is 10m high, L=6m and 3m wide, using Crane?

However the appointed person suggests assuming it fits in with the RAMS and lifting plan.

Last edited:
Get a qualified rigger & banksman to do a lifting plan for you tbh you havent given enough info such as crane size,access weight limitations if spreaders are required, liveload or not too many variables to give a proper answer to, normally requires a site visit for the lifting plan - best do it properly as if it goes wrong & that not uncommon its gonna cost you loads

Do it the right way pal.
Get the right people involved, designers, crane company, pcm's and sa's. Check it twice maybe three times and lift it once. Pass the responsibility on to someone else cos if it geos wrong its your head on the block.

This will require a design which considers the leg joints and how to retain loose bits like the base plates and boards.
You are likley to need ladder beams (or similar) in the top lift for your lifting points.

You will also need to consider the base condition for each placement, if not flat & level this will tip over as it is very slender for its height.

I would be considering suppling 200% materials build one and while they on on it build a second and leap frog them.

regards
Alan

if sumone onsite as asked u to carry out this lift ; then those persons must think u av the now how to carry out this basic task just make sure wen scaff is safe to lift and ur a 100persent av enough base jacks at the ready even if uv been told the ground is level

we lifted a scaffold off the towers at Cardiff arms park,millenium stadium,300ft crane used,the main scaffold chap had to take the ties out,and ride it down.very dodgey,it was 40ft long, by 40ft long,three lifts high,fully boarded and green debris netted.we stripped it on floor,get proffesianals in.

we lifted a scaffold off the towers at Cardiff arms park,millenium stadium,300ft crane used,the main scaffold chap had to take the ties out,and ride it down.very dodgey,it was 40ft long, by 40ft long,three lifts high,fully boarded and green debris netted.we stripped it on floor,get proffesianals in.
I would pay good money for a ride like that.

Top Bottom