Scaffold alarms

Jay-ADS Security

Reaction score
Found this on the scaff mag website! It's a reply to a post by NSI who are proposing new scaffold alarm regulations!

Made me laugh anyway!!!

Sort: Newest | Oldest

scaffolding alarms12 hours ago
No need for NSI to get involved in scaffold alarms! I've been in the scaffold alarm trade nearly 10 years and not once have i been asked for SSAIB approval and i can safely say i will never be asked for NSI approval either! Insurance companies only ask that you use your common sense and take the adequate steps to prevent the scaffold from being used as a climbing frame by opportunists. This means using a reputable company with experience and only using industry standard equipment, ie external IR beams etc. The fact that NSI have got involved just means that the big boys in the industry jump on the band wagon and get accredited, pay the NSI probably £1K - £2K a year and in turn the big boys will up the price the scaffolders and construction companies pay for the alarms. I have seen all these bold claims by the scaffold alarm company involved and the NSI but i promise you these claims are exaggerated and simply trying to make people believe that unless your alarm is supplied by and NSI or SSAIB approved company you are not covered legally or in the eyes of the insurance companies??? this is definately not the case!

They fail to mention that the so called NSI approved company can send anybody out to site to fit the alarms, this could be a bus driver or KFC worker!!! each individual is not tested or inspected!

Stick to the hardworking original family run companies that charge a lot less, have more experience and use better equipment!!! as we are all working to tight profit margins in the scaffolding and construction industry anyway who needs some worthless certificate at the end of every installation???? not my customer's that's for sure!!!

Welcome to the liable nanny state where you cant fart without it being measured and taxed by government.
If I was you I would join and do properly the more you fight the more you get left behind

Interesting and informative topic here i would like to say about it . I think scaffolding alarms are provide security and helpful in this all process . What is your thinking about scaffolding alarms .

Top Bottom