SCA Shrink Wrap Material Distribution

Our's was a shot job but to be honest it was pretty tidy when we went back, not sure who cleaned it up though. All in all we were very impressed and are expecting some more work off the back of this one. The old sheeting is still lying up the back of the yard but as you say on future projects may pass the buck to the PC.:idea:

is it at all re usable ?

Don't think so, Envirowrap take it back and re-do it but I think once most are welded that's it. Kinda new to me too so could be wrong.

Don't think so, Envirowrap take it back and re-do it but I think once most are welded that's it. Kinda new to me too so could be wrong.

how wide a sheet are they and supose if you were to re use it you would have to cut perfectly stright down between the weld on the left and the weld on the right and re weld that but would be easier to just rip off lol in for a penny in for a pound lol

I think the sheet is around 7m wide and maybe 15m long. The whole sheet whilst maybe not welded is heated quite a bit to shrink it so think even if you do slit it perfectly I don't think it would shrink again. Anyway, you have been working for a miser for too long marra, you are even starting to sound like em.:laugh:

We tried it once, in the yard shrinking it again that is! does'nt work:sad:
Just end up with millions of holes it's just too thin.
We got rid of it with a back hander to the bin men, but most bigger skip company's will provide a skip at a cost quoted of £250.00

Wont use the shrink wrap again on a temp roof though, we are on the coast and the frekin seagulls loved it pecking fu.ck.ing holes in it and we were back nearly every day patching for four weeks, and the water damage cost us nearly £1500.00 for a new floor!!!!!!!!!!!!
But did use it once for a painting job on a posh hotel back in January and it never rained except when we were striking

haha, brilliant. We are beside the coast as well so maybe need to add a wee addendum to our quotes to take that into account.

haha, brilliant. We are beside the coast as well so maybe need to add a wee addendum to our quotes to take that into account.

Yep we fu.ck.ed up big time on that one thing is we always put the clause in for monoflex i;e fixed once only extra cost for repairs or renewals so why I did'nt do it for the shrinkwrap only god knows!!

We had the seagull probs , a couple of plastic owls on the roof from garden centre sorted that problem out

Looks like I missed a fair chunk of a chat about this!?!

If the material has been shrunk then you have returned it to its original status due to the memory effect, it should be 100% recycled and most recycling companies will receive happily some even collecting.

Spannerman happily talk to you about those pesky gulls!

Top Bottom